• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers vs Companies

And really, if they're in Glasgow, you probably can't understand them anyways. :D

(ducks)

HEY!! We actually speak the Elder Gibberovian Tongue, so just watch it, or we'll put the hex on ye, ya Colonial Linguist! :devil:

*chants cyptic, barbaric words, while pouring evil wine into a frying pan!*
Bampot! Numpty! Middenface! Auld Firm! Shooglie!
I call ye forth, oh Elder beasties, take yon Pirate Cat,
And whack off vorpal his wee bit yeasty!!
Hae the part he'll miss most leasty,
Chew with unholy fried Mars bars feasty!

Muhaha!!! :lol:
(heck we can hardly understand ourselves at times! And I swear the Dragon & George has a Tardis, or a gate to Faerun in it's cellar...if you've been there, you'll know what I mean! )

unan oranis

First Post
There are quite a few people who are WOTC fans and play 4E who are also not happy with some of their moves.

Also I'm not a 4E fan, but I don't hate 4E. I think it's a solid system. But since I don't play it and I'm annoyed that WOTC pulled the PDF's from a prior edition that labels me as pushing an edition war agenda. I bring this up because that's also a fair amount of people who have a beef with WOTC as well.

The discussion between you and the people who see it differently, or are trying to understand the way you see it, is being clouded by those with an edition war agenda.

I have stated (in response to the OP) that most of the people contradicting their own logic belong in the edition wars camp, either side.

Those people are pooping on WOTC, or zealously "defending" them, regardless of the actual issue at hand in any given debate - the pdf thing is just the latest and greatest.

Sound to me like you probably decided how you feel about the pdf thing *after* you read about it.

If you even care what I label anything; I dub thee...

Duke of the third realm?

Dausuul

Legend
Meh. I don't care if WotC wants to make money - in fact, I'm glad they want to make money, because if they don't they'll go out of business and then I won't have any more D&D books to buy.

I do get irritated when they do things that appear destructive and pointless. The .PDF thing is a case in point. It's not the profit motive I object to, it's the stupid.

The Little Raven

First Post
Well, I imagine that if some company bought baseball, added a 4th base, and tried to make everyone throw out their old bats, gloves, and uniforms and buy new ones from them, that there might be a similar response from baseball fans.

Can you provide evidence that the "Evil Umpire" has made actual attempts to make everyone throw out their old books and game materials, or is this just another case of hyperbole going so far into fantasyland that it bears no resemblance to reality in the slightest?

carmachu

Adventurer
Yet, every day, gamers buy products from Amazon or others, and don't support FLGS.

Why is it ok for gamers to be greedy, and try to get the best price at the expense of some businesses, but not ok for WotC to be greedy, and try to make the most profit?

Why exactly should I support a FLAG again? What benefit is it to me?

Maybe because WOTC or Amazon provide something that a FLAG doesnt? As one poster said, all mine are short on the F part, and again L on the part.

You seem to take blind faith that one should automatically support a FLAG for some reason.

Remove ads