• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Games-n-Fun in New Zealand?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Lots of computer outlets in Newmarket

Getting to the Uni is just an easy trip across the domain (personally I'd take a bike) and you should go check out the Auckland Museum while you're there (it is IMNHO the best museum in New Zealand)

From the Uni you can cut through Albert Park down to Queen Street too

green slime

First Post
Tonguez said:
Lots of computer outlets in Newmarket

Getting to the Uni is just an easy trip across the domain (personally I'd take a bike) and you should go check out the Auckland Museum while you're there (it is IMNHO the best museum in New Zealand)

From the Uni you can cut through Albert Park down to Queen Street too

The Auckland Museum is well worth a visit.

Cameron

First Post
From personal experience, the guys over at Vagabonds in Takapuna isn't that bad. In fact, they are downright decent and friendly. They do have a regular group, though, so a 2 month stint might be a bit problematic. Won't hurt to try.

Avoid Heroes4Sale like the biblical plague. The owner is generally *not* happy that you play there. He prefers it if you buy stuff and then *censored* off. Not a good atmosphere for a RPG.

AMERICA doesn't do it for me, somehow. I have only been to a couple of meetings, but it seems to be full of people that denigrate DnD and playing Vampire instead. They also tend to be the "munchkin!", "broken!", "you can't do that!" crowd, which is really really turns me off.

I don't know about the rest. I generally play in at-home groups these days, or not at all.

morgue

Explorer
You should also be aware of this, NZ Roleplaying and Gaming, an NZ gamer online hangout:
http://www.nzrag.com/bb/index.php

NZRaG formed out of the old WellingtonRPG forums, and still has an overwhelming Wellington bias, but Christchurch and Auckland folk do chip in on a regular basis and everyone thinks we should try and get more non-Wellingtonians involved but noone seems to know quite how to do it... in any case, the Wellington RPG scene is absolutely thriving so if you come down our way you'll have lots to see.

Sadly, the glory days of RPG retail have been and gone in NZ, but there are always a few spots - Auckland has been well-covered in this thread, but post here or in NZRaG if you head somewhere else and you'll get some tips of where to look.

Hope you're enjoying NZ!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads