• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

games

Bluecloud

First Post
hello,
i am new to pbp and i was wondering how often new games for dnd start up? i have been on enworld for about a week now and i check everyday twice a day and i have seen only full games. Am i just getting unlucky or are games really that rare?

Thanks
-BlueCloud

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bluecloud said:
hello,
i am new to pbp and i was wondering how often new games for dnd start up? i have been on enworld for about a week now and i check everyday twice a day and i have seen only full games. Am i just getting unlucky or are games really that rare?

Thanks
-BlueCloud
I think you've been unlucky. Not only have I started a game in the last few weeks, but I joined two and saw about six or seven others start that I did not join. That said, they do fill up fast, so that makes it easier for bad luck to set in :\

Manzanita

First Post
You might want to try our persistant world, as well. Living Enworld. It may take a bit longer to get the hang of character creation, but you can start posting at the Inn as soon as you make a PC. Adventures start now and then, don't know how long til a new one starts at this point.

Thanee

First Post
You could also try the other way around and just post a thread, that you want to start or join a game, looking for a DM and players. While not a guaranteed success, that worked often enough in the past. Best give some information about what kind of game you would like to get in. :)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
You might want to try our persistant world, as well. Living Enworld. It may take a bit longer to get the hang of character creation, but you can start posting at the Inn as soon as you make a PC. Adventures start now and then, don't know how long til a new one starts at this point.
Meh, I haven't been having any luck with adventures in LEW compared to the General PbP forum. Haven't even been any posts to the inn in order for Lasair to reply in ages.

Angcuru

First Post
I recently started a game, and it filled up fast. There are always people looking to join games, but not so often starting them. I prefer GMing PbP to in-person because I like to take my time with the story and make it up as I go, having a general idea of where the game is headed.

When you start/join a PbP game, it's sort of like Pot Luck with the way it turns out. Depending on who is playing or running, you may have a really fast-paced or very slow game. Or something in-between with one very frequent posting player and a bunch of slow posters, or vice versa.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads