Gamescience Dice?

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
After watching the videos my whole group decided to go with precision dice. I ordered a pile of them from Paizo of various crystal colors. They're nice but filling them with a crayon was a pain in the arse. They also took a long time to ship.

I also would have preferred opaque dice so I ended up ordering a couple of sets of white with black, some green crystal dice, and some black d20s from Gamestation.net. They were $12 a set for the pre-filled so they're pretty expensive but I really like them. They also shipped fast and all of the payment was through Amazon so that worked well.

Anyway, my entire played set of dice is now precision dice. I'm carrying a spare set of the old school dice just to have them handy in case people need to borrow dice. I don't want them using my fancy pants dice.

weem

First Post
@mshea
I don't want them using my fancy pants dice.

Haha, very nice.

I sent an email to my players linking the videos and letting them know what dice I got (so if they went to buy some they would know what I have already). Knowing my group they will all get some of them.

Obryn

Hero
Haha, great videos!

Now, where is it we can get those dice?

*looks around*
Just go to Amazon and do a quick search for Gamescience.

I placed my own order, and got enough sets that I won't need to use the rest of my dice. And I couldn't be happier. :)

I mostly went with the opaques this time. While I love the gamescience gem dice - they're sparkly! - their transparency can sometimes make them tough to read. Still, I've wanted a full set of the smoked quartz for a while, and the ruby ones are just purty.

Also, I have a soft spot for fugly dice colors. The lime green, turquoise, saffron yellow, and seashell white were too cool to pass up. They'll go great with my hot orange d20. :)

With that said, I'm still hoping there's a quality guarantee in case I get defective dice like my aforementioned ballooned-out d20...

-O

gamestationnet

First Post
Quality guarantee - yes. GameScience guarantees all dice for 2 years against defects. We are doing our best here at GameStation to weed out the strange ones (bubbles, bulges, scratches that affect reading the number, etc) before shipping, but if something is way off-colored (the Fire Garnet, for instance, is more pinkish than true orange in this batch) or you just aren't happy, we will replace or refund. We have had surprisingly few problems, considering the mold-point blemish.

Our largest problem has been keeping things in stock. We have a part-time guy just inking the dice, so we should have inked versions of everything available most of the time.

Any other questions?

Last edited:

Obryn

Hero
Quality guarantee - yes. GameScience guarantees all dice for 2 years against defects. We are doing our best here at GameStation to weed out the strange ones (bubbles, bulges, scratches that affect reading the number, etc) before shipping, but if something is way off-colored (the Fire Garnet, for instance, is more pinkish than true orange in this batch) or you just aren't happy, we will replace or refund. We have had surprisingly few problems, considering the mold-point blemish.

Our largest problem has been keeping things in stock. We have a part-time guy just inking the dice, so we should have inked versions of everything available most of the time.

Any other questions?
Awesome! That answers all my concerns and then some!

I'm not worried about the mold-point blemish, since I kinda expect that with my Gamescience dice. I've only had one which was prominent. It also seems to be worse on the gem dice than on the opaques, at least from the ones I have.

You've just won a repeat customer, when my dice budget opens up again!

-O

DaveyJones

First Post
you can tell customers who have no clue about dice manufacturing from the comments they leave on the amazon site.

i love and still use my gamescience dice from years ago. will be rolling some of the new ones i bought at GaryCon this weekend.

Lhorgrim

Explorer

Any other questions?

One question.

I love the 8 sided D4s GameScience makes, and I bought a couple from the booth at GenCon last year.

I didn't see them listed on Amazon. Do you still have any of the 8 sided D4s?

gamestationnet

First Post
Not at this time. However, we have NO idea what we'll be getting when we go to Mississippi at the end of the month to pick up everything. Lou seems opposed to doing an inventory estimate for us...so we'll have to wait and see.

And on whether the gem and opaque blemishes are different - from what I can tell, the opaques DO have less of a problem with the blemish, but its still there. And of course, with opaques, you can't SEE the bubbles if there are any. Too bad they aren't beautiful like the Gems, right?

Remove ads