• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming group begins 25th consecutive year!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
So this last Wednesday my weekly gaming group celebrated our 24th anniversary. Tomorrow night's game will be our 979th. Several of the founding players and characters are still active in the campaign.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Wow, I'm surprised you've counted exactly the number of games you've played. Heck, I can't even remember the exact YEAR I joined my current group.

Congrats, by the way.

And does saying I'm only 22 make you feel old? :D

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Dog Moon said:
And does saying I'm only 22 make you feel old? :D
Nah, age is a state of mind. I still consider myself young, could be because I play games and with little toy minatures each week. :D

I've tracked all of our games as I keep a running log. Many of these are posted here in the Story Hour forum. I'm currently posting an epic 40-game module from the year 2000 titled "Retake the Island".

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Silver Moon said:
Nah, age is a state of mind. I still consider myself young, could be because I play games and with little toy minatures each week. :D

I've tracked all of our games as I keep a running log. Many of these are posted here in the Story Hour forum. I'm currently posting an epic 40-game module from the year 2000 titled "Retake the Island".

That's cool. I think I'd be more interested in keeping a log if we actually had a decent campaing going for a long period of time. Our log would be a mish-mash of numerous different campaigns started by numerous different DMs.

I hope in 18 years that I can say I've been with my group [and my friends] for 25 years.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
The log started during the first module just as DM notes for myself, as the module ran for our entire first year and I had to keep track of things. From that point on I just kept it up.

sydbar

Explorer
That beats the 15 1/2 years i've been with my current group, congrats on being in a group longer than i've been playing.

kenobi65

First Post
Congratulations! I've been in one of my current groups for just over 24 years, now, myself...and the group was going for several years before I joined. There are 4 of us who've been in the group for 24+ years. Now, if we'd only thought to keep track of the number of sessions. ;) However, since we're now spread out over 2 states, we've only been able to get together a few times a year for the past decade or so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads