• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming in November

BSF

Explorer
It would be cool if you can show up Sage. If not, we will live. It is unlikely that the group will face off 100+ gnolls this week. ;)

Kultar

First Post
I will be there tomorrow for sure, and we will not be late. We lost tonights game in the State competition so are not advancing to the next round. We did good this season with a really young varsity team (3 seniors and 4 juniors and the rest under classmen) we lost 2-0, but played alright, not our worst game, but not our best.

Macbeth

First Post
Well, the mechanics at the shop I went to failed to inform me that they are not open on Friday, so I cannot pick up my car. Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it tonight. :(

I see how it is Sage. It's just asking toooooo much of you to walk out here just this once.
just kidding.
You don't think we could take out the gnolls? I say we try anyways.
Last time we did have Li, but this time we have Tormal.
I suppose last time we also had Tormal, you know, when we set the field on Tormal, and tried to shoot Tormal arrows.

Kultar

First Post
Well it seems as though there is family flying in this weekend and we are all going out to dinner on the 12th. Not sure if we will be there or not. I will let you guys know as I get more info.

Kultar

First Post
Dad and sister might or might not be there not sure yet. I will not be able to make it till around 12 anyway so I think that rules me out for the night. So I guess I will see you guys in December.

BSF

Explorer
It seems quite likely we will be looking at Ceru, Li and Tormal as the active PCs this week with the wildcard of trying to introduce Brian's new PC. Is everyone good with that or are you feeling a little undersupported?

Do me a favor and figure out what the group's general plan is (staying or going, etc). I have a few encounters that can happen at any given game session where the circumstances are right. I also have a pretty good idea what the bad guys are doing in the area. There are a lot of options in what can happen next. It's mostly a matter of picking the right one and letting the dice roll. :D

Macbeth

First Post
I would again like to suggest setting off towards the nearest settlement to train. Li is just short of 6th level now (That sure snuck up on me!), and I would assume Tormal is roughly around the same (we tended to have nearly the same total. I know Ceru was approahing 6th just as Li made 5th, so I would think he would be well on his way to 7th (but maybe not quite there). After hearing about the last session, I really think we need to train to be able to do this. I know we also need to save people, but we will be better able to save them if we are more powerful. The gnolls are going to hurt people no matter what we do, so we might as well take the most of our advantages and try to come back stronger. This might also make it easier to bring in the new PC.

It's also worth noting that while we train in a town, if that town is in an area threatened by the gnolls, we effectively defend that town. Just by being there, we are helping people avoid the gnolls. So even if we aren't hunting gnolls, we are doing some good.

After training (or if we don't train), I think we should try to track down the group of gnolls we've already encountered. We have a good idea how that group works, and Li want's his nagamaki back. With more time to work with, and more powerful characters, I think we might stand a chance. We could take more time putting a plan into motion, and we have better intelligence on what to expect.

So basically, I say we train, then hunt down the gnolls we've already met.

Remove ads