Gaming w/Jemal 4E: Past Tense

Graf

Explorer
OOC Perception = 27
Verity looks at his companions inquisitive faces... Oh... yes... there is no magic. Nothing. The traps that the lich laid are not even in evidence.

He moves up to the crypt and stares for a long time at the carvings. I would swear these were the same carvings. Just look... the star pattern here is a regional mark... and this depression? One of Illian's bolts.... they leave a distinctive pattern when they strike stone.

Stone...
he looks down at a peculiarly shaped rock. This... is new though.
Though new is hardly the right word
, as he flips over the decrepid and cracked stone Verity lets out an audible gasp.

For the stone is Lady Keira's Tombstone.
The date of death is the day you went in, and the stone appears weathered and battered by time. On the bottom, it has a barely legible quote "She taught me to be the best Squire I could, and I shall carry on knighthood in her stead"

Walking Dad

First Post
Ripper

"Humans," the sinew bugbear says the hundred time, seemingly appearing from nowhere, as he has a habit of eternal sneaking. "If this appears the same tomb and the same hill and there is no illusion, it IS the same tomb and the same hill. And if neither us or the tomb has be transported and this is no fake gravestone, one of this facts isn't quite right. We haven't been transported locally, but..." he breaks off, looking shocked.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I got to inform lord Celangor* immediately Says Illian, more and more agitated, as he hastily looks for something inside his bag...and can't find it: Where is my Sending Stone? Then he almost faints as he opens wide the bag itself and looks inside This is NOT my Bag of Holding!! and falls to his knees, eyes shut and whining at the sky All my nifty magic items...GONE!!!

[sblock=ooc]*supposedly, the bralani lord that handed Illian and the party the lute of Fae.
Hope i'm not depicting Illian too much of an idiot... :p [/sblock]

SarahRequiem

First Post
Ash slowly walks up to Illian and puts her hand on his shoulder.

"These magic items should be the last of your worries, friend. All five of us are still alive and we should be grateful."

She looks toward where the town used to be..

"I say we go look for that town, it can't have disapeared without leaving a single trace. we will find something, I'm sure of it. Anyone agree?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Illian looks up at Ash and his face suddenly turns back serious. He stands up and says in a sad voice We're alive...yes... Then, he collects a leaf from the ground Sylas,brat, sir Gerold... for you and bringing it at his lips, he whistles a brief, melancholic, simple music. Then he lets the leaf slowly fall towards the entrance of the crypt. For you.
Then he turns at the others, smiles broadly, and comments: The old man and the midget really loved that melody... the wouldn't admit it, but I'm pretty sure he liked it too

Zweischneid

First Post
"I say we go look for that town, it can't have disapeared without leaving a single trace. we will find something, I'm sure of it. Anyone agree?"

"Disappeared without leaving a single trace? Maybe it has. Maybe not!"
Ruthear responds with an uncaring shrug towards the distant forest.

"But whatever has changed, it began with the curse unleashed by the Phylactery." he hesitates for a moment, lost in thought. "And seemingly, I can not recall whether the Phylactery was ultimately destroyed."

"Whatever has been done to us, it was a curse of terrible power. If we return into the crypt and wrest from it its secrets, we will be able to reverse its effect and.. " a fearsome gleem appearing briefly in the Tieflings eyes "..and quite likely master it."

Pointing into the gloomy entrance with a long and taloned finger, Ruthear proposes
"Why don't we head back inside?"

[sblock=DM]
Did the Heroes actually destroy the Phylactery? or Not? or is that indeed unknown as suggested above?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"Mastering unknown powers and such sounds alright, Ruthear. You know I like your plans most. But first we are in a heck of a weird wood with a strange old gravestone depicting yesterday and not a bucket to $#!+ into! We should first gain some answers before conquering the world. But don't forget the second part!" Ripper adds with a grinn only a bugbear can manage.

Bialaska

First Post
Upon hearing Verity's gasp, Keira turns in his direction. Is everything alright? she then asks, not noticing the gravestone.

Then she hears Ilian whining about his magic items and it is at this point she takes a closer look at herself, quickly joining Ilian in his grief.

"Sehanine's Holy Avenger? Where is it? We must find it with utmost haste! The thief must still be inside the crypt! He stole my blade and replaced it when I did not notice!" Lady Keira then starts walking back towards the entrance of the crypt.

Remove ads