Gaming w/Jemal 4E: Past Tense

Graf

Explorer
The thief is long gone your ladyship. Verity points at the tombstone. If the person who claimed it was even a thief at all.

Like the proverbial man who fell asleep inside of the fairy ring we entered this crypt hundreds of years ago. If not more.

SarahRequiem

First Post
"Let's leave the world conquest to evil liches and other vile creatures, Young one. We're here to fight for a free world, not rule it." Ash pauses for a second, thinking about the situation... "We destroyed the evil artifact, and somehow, it did something to us. Whether it was meant to end our lives or not is a question we wont find any answer for by staying here. I'm just as lost as you all are, friends, but I think we need to find out what happened. Our best bet is to find someone who knows about this place. We didnt find anyone inside the crypt on our way out today, so I think its safe to assume its been empty for a long time, save for us. We should move, this place does not inspire anything good to me"

She looks at her 5 companions one by one, waiting for an answer.

Graf

Explorer
Verity spares a long look at the rocks around them. Is my tombstone here? He ponders the possibility....
...did he merit a tombstone?
...was he considered worthy enough to be remembered beside the good lady?
...did his death earn him a sort of redemption, or was his tombstone covered in crude epithets the day it was laid?

With effort he returns his attention to the matter at hand.I think Master ar'Thar's original suggestion, which I believe was seconded by the Lady Keira has no small amount of merit. I should like to take one more look at the inside of the crypt. If we really did spend... however long.... there I should like to see it again.

There may be remnants of this curse about, or some other clue. It seems unlikely to me that... having lasted for thousands of years... it would suddenly wear off without reason.

If the phylactery was not destroyed... well... the return of our foe would be one reason why the curse might end.

Verity coughs.

In that case... you are most correct: it would be safest that should leave as soon as we are comfortable we haven't missed anything.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Illian is staring intently at his hand while emitting a tiny green spark in its palm. After a while, he turns at the other, arguing over the direction, and asks, with a curious tone: Don't you guys feel...weak?

Jemal

Adventurer
At the urgings of some of your fellows, you take another, closer look at the inside of the temple. It is much different from the way you remember it - Not structurally, but because there is no more feeling of oppresive evil, no guardians or traps placed to stop or kill you. One of the rooms has collapsed in on itself, and the place seems to be in disrepair, abandoned for some time.

You arrive at the place where you'd found the Lich's Phylactery, and you can all see it once more in your minds eye - Keira's holy avenger swinging down, the splintering wood, the faint scream of the lich, its soul released into the nether, and the satisfaction as you felt the unholy evil draining from it. There are no traces of it now, though. Not after so many years.

It is Verity who (again) first notices the difference. A message, carved into the stone. They'd missed it on their exit because they'd been facing away from it, but there it was plain as day, and centuries old...

"Thanks for freeing me from that rotten old bastard's grasp. Perhaps some day this will return the favour.
- J
PS, I borrowed some of your stuff."

Beneath it, on a stone pedastal, is a large hourglass, untouched by the dust or cobwebs, it's sand has all filtered to the bottom.
(Arcana, History, and Religion checks, please. ;))

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
"It at least shows that it wasn't the evil Lich who bewitched us through the centuries.. if that is what happend." Ruthear nods to himself. "The seven-and-third experimental series in 'Gral'Tzrar's Lexiographica Obitus Necrosis'² clearly show that the necromantica arcana could not manipulate creatures in time without suffusing life with the necrotic.."

Kneeling a take a closer look at the message and the hourglass, Ruthear mumbles to himself.
"But than again.. what, or who, did happen to us?"

[sblock=knowledge rolls]
Skill check Arcana (trained) (1d20+12=32) :p

Skill check History (trained) (1d20+12=24)

Skill check Religion (untrained) (1d20+7=13) [/sblock]

² A highly controversial and largely forbidden (and not to mention disgusting) collection of studies in necromantic wizardry.

Remove ads