Gaming W/Jemal: Circle of Champions (Debut Battle)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]
* = Characters who've gone so far. I will update whenever it comes to an NPC or if someone posts something that requires a response asap.

*Redstone: 24
*Sprite: 18
Sam: 16
Titan: 15
Commando, Amazon: 14
Robots: 10
Xolotol: 8
Armour: 7
Golem: 5
[/sblock]

Redstone continues forward, looking around very cautiously, but notices nothing else in their corridor. He is able to reach the corner and peers around it, seeing the combat in the next room.
A military-looking Commando with a rifle is ducking behind cover and firing at a Turret Emplacement on the ceiling, which is swinging from side to side sending laser bolts around the room as it attempts to lock onto a small, Spritely being less than 2 feet tall and moving at a remarkable pace.
Nearby, A robotic defender is engaged in a fist fight with a large brutish man in a suit of power Armour and a tall, muscled, nearly-naked Amazon woman. Redstone feels an odd wave wash over him as he looks at the Amazon, but it seems to have no effect on him. Continuing on, his gaze moves to the opposite end of the room, where a massive stone Golem is finishing off his own robotic opponent.

The sprite stops dead in the middle of the room and stares at the doorway "ihearsomethinginthenextroomwehavecompanyguys!" The high-pitched buzz is barely audible to Redstone.

OOC: the *No description* dice was a typo.
VV, Please use the ENWorld dice roller. I rerolled for you using the stats shown on your char sheet (6 init 10 stealth)... Though since the init i rolled was so low, you likely won't be needing the stealth roll anymore (good thing considering it was a 1.. ouch.. DM Luck rolling for PC's eh?
WD - I find it amusing that the only character with immunity to emotional effects is the first one to see the amazon, lol.
No response from hafrogman, will continue without him till he shows.

Opposing Team: Golem, Sprite, Amazon, Commando, Armour
Other Forces: Robotic Defender, Laser Turret.
And for the record, the reason the spell didn't pick up all five, as you may now realize, is b/c the fifth one is too small.

Next up are Sam and Titan, then more DM action.
*PS: As I'm fairly certain I've stated before, I much prefer free-form positioning/Combat as opposed to wargame-level tactics for PBP, so just use your imagination for where people are based off descriptions. If positions/distances are important, I'll point them out. You are in a 10' wide corridor which turns into a 40X40 room. You are all ~30' from the 'doorway'.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Sam spots the small creature poised in the center of the room. Realizing that it's likely hard to pin down he decides to try and hinder the entire group to improve their odds. He takes aim and sends spinning ball shooting into the room. Just to the right of the small creature it bursts into a disorienting display of flashing lights.

OOC: Dazzle 8, 30ft Radius. Not sure if I'm supposed to roll anything or not.

BBs

First Post
Titan takes a look around the corner to the threat, and judges the leader of the group is the commando. Take the commando out, and the rest may fall into disarray. He quickly assess his target, aims, and fires!

OOC: The damage of the laser is 8.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]
It is currently Xolotl's turn.

* = Characters who've gone so far. I will update whenever it comes to an NPC or if someone posts something that requires a response asap.

*Redstone: 24
*Sprite: 18
*Sam: 16
*Titan: 15
*Commando, Amazon: 14
*Robots: 10
Xolotl: 8
Golem: 5[/sblock]
Sam and Titan step around the corner to see the enemies, Sam firing off a ball of light that dazes the Commando while Titan's laser drills into his back. Dazed and partially blinded, the Commando staggers to the side, getting cover between him and his assailants.
The Amazon, meanwhile, turns to look at the newcomers, finishing off the robot she is fighting by tearing its head off. Sam feels a strange feeling pass through him as he looks at her..

The turret turns to focus on the newest threat, unleashing a stream of blasts at Sam.
OOC: Reflex rolls are supposed to say Dodge. Had D&D on the brain.
SO, b/c Sam's Dazzle is an AOE, it allows a dodge to halve the effect.(DC 18)
Surprisingly, Armour is the only one who makes it..
*Realized that Golem doesn't need one, as he's immune to fort effects*
Commando fails the fort save by 2 degrees, and is visually disabled. The rest of them make it and are unaffected.
He also fails the Toughness save by 10: 2 degrees.

Sam aggroed the turret with his AOE dazzle, but it's immune to the effects.

Sam needs a Will save vs an Emotional Affliction: DC 18, failure = vulnerable, 2 degrees(lower than 13) = Defenseless.
If Sam fails the will save, he'll also need a toughness save vs the turret (DC 23). Otherwise he manages to avoid it.
Everybody else who comes around the corner into view of her will likewise need to make one before they act. I believe Titan needs to do so as well, as he's not actually immune to mental or emotional effects.. oddly enough.. seems he's an emotionally capable being.

It is currently Xolotl's turn.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Xolotl comes into view of the battlefield. He taps his staff in the ground, leaving it standing on its own. Next, he outstretches his cadaverous arms and seems to start hissing words in an ancient language. "Maitl...Tlitltic...Metztli... Tizoc!" Ill winds fill the room, concealing the floor with a nasty cloud of brownish vapours. From the noxious cloud, hands of people reach out and grab and scratch at Xolotl's enemies, trying to rip them apart. Those are the souls of the people that is dying now, and try to desperately grasp any source of life they can, not knowing that the god of the dying is using their wish for life to extinguish more life.

Grasp of the dying: Cloud area, filling the room, selective damage, DC 23

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Sam is overcome by the Amazon's beauty. His disability has made a great many things ... unfeasible. He stands there in starstruck awe as the canon blasts him.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]
It is currently Redstone, Sam, and Titan's turn. *Sprite seized the initiative, giving Redstone an HP*

Sprite: 25
Redstone: 24
Sam: 16
Titan: 15
Commando, Amazon: 14
Turret: 10
Xolotl: 8
Golem: 5[/sblock]

The Death god steps into the room, summoning his undead specters which tear the life force from his foes. The Golem seems unphased like the turret, but none of his companions fully escape the grasping claws of the damned, and the man in power Armour is dragged down to a knee by them.
Staggering back up, he levels his eyes on Xolotl "You'll Die for that, Mageling!" He bellows, picking up and throwing the dismantled pieces of the robot at the death god, the metal smashing Xolotl in the chest.

The Golem walks right past the death god, seemingly oblivious to his presence, and approaches Redstone. The two constructs look at each other impassively for a moment before the Golem rears back and slams his stone fist at the crystal construct, but Redstone, apparently more manueverable than he appears, easily steps aside as the wall behind him is wrecked.

The sprite looks around, realizing that the turret is no longer focused on him, and lets out a high pitched shrill that may be laughter, before zipping forwards. He zips around between Sam and Xolotl, who both barely register his presence as they try to tear their eyes from the beauty in front of them.
The sprite stabs at them each with his tiny daggers before disappearing down the hall they came from.

OOC:
Xolotl and Sam are both Defenseless, you get to make another will save (dc18) to recover at the end of each of your rounds. Once you succeed you need not make any more, until then you are defenseless.
Titan still needs his save!
Sam takes one 'bruise' from the Turret.
Unless you'd like to argue for it, I'm going to rule that Xolotls spell, being necrotic, has no effect on nonliving/soulless creatures (turret, Golem, Redstone, Titan). The other four badguys, however, will need saves.
Armour's the only one to fail the dodge check. He rolls toughness vs dc 23, others need 19. Armour fails by 2 degrees, rest fail by 1.
Armour and Commando are now both dazed.
Sprite seizes the Intiative, this is a special ability he has that he may use once, and now puts him above Redstone. Redstone gains a Hero Point for the ability being used against him.
Sprite hits both his targets due to their defenselessness at the Amazon's presence, scoring a crit on Sam. Ignore the second roll vs Sam, thought I needed to roll to confirm but that's D&D.
Sam needs a DC 24 (Yes that's with the crit, lol) Toughness save,
and Xolotl needs a DC 22, then a DC 19 Toughness save.
Keep in mind any damage penalties you may already have when rolling!

ALSO, Remember people to use your HP, this is essentially a one-encounter day, so you know you're not going to need them later!
(AND everybody please see OOC thread)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Redstone

Redstone morphs his hands to spiky clubs and starts to engage the other construct, trying to pummel it into submission.

[sblock=OOC]
Array on penetrating multiattack

if 25 beats Golem's parry, he needs to make a DC 26 Toughness save. If he beats Parry by 2 dgrees increase the DC by 2. By 5 if he beats it by 3 degrees or more.

---

HP: 2
Condition: normal

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Unarmed +5 Close , Damage 11
Ranged Shards +6, Damage 10
Close Cone Damage 8, Dodge DC 18
Encase +5, Damage -, Dodge (DC 21)

DEFENSE

DODGE 5 (3)
PARRY 5 (0)
TOUGHNESS 11 (11 Impervious)

FORTITUDE 9 (0)
WILL 7 (5)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Upon firing the Commando, this unit notices the muscled up amazon tearing the robot's head off. He resists the emotional urges that would turn him on, and fear of his head being seperated from his body, and focuses on the fight.

Remove ads