Gaming W/Jemal: Circle of Champions (Debut Battle)

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Don't forget Redstone's dodge & Parry should both be reduced to 3 by the all out attack. Just waiting on Sam, and Titan gets an action too, not just a will save. :p.

BBs

First Post
after shaking his head, titan continued his assault on the commando.

OOC: Sorry that I'm slow, school is keeping me busy, and turns are going awesomely fast! :D. Damage is still 8

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Init]* = Characters who've gone so far.
*Sprite: 25
*Redstone: 24
*Savior: 20
Sam: 16
*Titan: 15
Commando, Amazon: 14
Turret: 10
Xolotl: 8
Armour: 7
Golem: 5[/sblock]

Redstone returns the Golem's assault with a mighty blow of his own, his jagged crystals penetrating deep into the stone form of his adversary
Beside him, Titan raises a proverbial eyebrow at the Amazon's show of strength, but the realization that his robotic head may be next chases away any distraction it may have caused, and he continues firing at the beleaguered Commando. The commando, however, has been under fire before, and manages to keep the cover between him and Titan, spoiling the robot's aim.

A loud monotone voice fills the arena then "Attention champions and viewers. Due to Unforseen Difficulties, there has been a last minute substitution. Please welcome, attempting a triumphant return to the arena, SAVIOR!"
There is a beam of light and then standing in the hallway beside Sam is the telekinetic heroine who put the team together.

OOC: Savior has entered the battlefield! I'm going to say it took your action to be teleported in, but you will be treated as though you had taken the Defend action until your next turn. Just waiting on Sam to find a way around his ENWorld troubles or for them to stop.

WD, you did indeed beat Golem's parry by 2 degrees, but he still only fails by 4 (1 degree). Makes him a bit easier to hurt next time though!
BBs, your shot misses b/c Commando took the Defend action on his last turn (He gets to roll his defense instead of taking 10.. and he rolled a 20!)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Taking a deep breath Savior tries to survey the area she just teleported into, but the white spots before her eyes make that extremely difficult.

{{ Calm. Calm. They wouldn't teleport you into any immediate danger, but it will be close. }} She thinks as she tries to blink away the spots.

OOC: How close to the melee is she?

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Note : Please copy any important defenses/senses into your posts, as well as your current damage/conditions, it makes it take a lot less time for me to post updates. :) Thnx

[sblock=initiative]* = Characters who've gone so far.
*Redstone: 24
*Savior: 20
*Sam: 16
*Titan: 15
*Commando, Amazon: 14
*Turret: 10
Seeing savior arrive beside him, Sam manages to shake off the Amazon's effects and turns his attention to Golem. With a whirring sound, his cannon charges up and fires a blast of energy into the rock-monster's back, sending shards of stone flying, but the construct barely seems to register the damage as it remains focused on Redstone.

The commando, still hiding from Titan's gun, can be seen pulling something off his belt and injecting himself with a hiss, clearing his head and vision.
The amazon rushes Titan, wielding one of the fallen robots arms as a club. She smashes the thing to pieces against Titans tough head, the blow is (not-surprisingly for a woman of such stature) quite powerful.
The turret continues firing at its previous target, Sam barely dodging to the side as the blasts rip up the floor between him and Savior.

OOC: Savior is beside Sam, about 10 feet from Redstone and Golem, who are beside the entrance to the room with most of the badguys.
Sam makes the will save, fails toughness by 1 degree. He now has 2 'bruised' penalties to Dmg Resist checks.
Golem fails by 2 degrees but is immune to daze. (NOTE: This is not a common immunity, nor one I will be allowing to PC's)
Commando uses a healing power.
Turret Misses Sam.
Titan needs a DC 23 Toughness check.

Xolotl's turn! He is currently defenseless as he has trouble tearing his eyes off the Amazon.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Xolotl once more taps his staff on the ground, surrounding himself with arcane symbols. He waves his hands in the air, casting a glyph that appears over Amazon. The woman can feel her very soul being sucked away by the foul glyph, but manages to resist the foul magic. The frustrated god produces another spell, waving his hand around. The hands that still reach out to grab the enemies contort and wither into dust, only to be replaced by a chilling wail of the souls as they cease to exist.

Drain soul on Amazon: Will DC 21 or get 11 points of will save drained. I'll use an AP to use Pain of the dying: Ranged selective Burst area attack, DC: 18 1: Dazed; 2: Stunned; 3: Paralyzed. Limited to living targets; trying to get as many baddies in a burst 8 as possible. All enemies hit by last round attack need to save versus the effect one more time at the end of Xolotl's turn (for the Secondary effect extra, that was a DC 23 toughness).

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Getting his head smashed in, Titan tries to recover. But the hit was too much for him.

[sblock=Status]
Dodge: 7
Parry: 7
Toughness: 8
Impervious: 8
Fort: Immune
Will: 8
Condition: Dazed
Saves Penalty: -1
[/sblock]

OOC: I believe I fail that by three degrees, I'm sorry I did not show my defensive block. I am curious if Impervious helps.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
VV - You can only switch Alternate Effects once a turn, so switching to Drain soul would be the one, then you'd be unable to switch again until your next turn.
I assume you meant to use a HP to take an extra action, but you won't be able to use a different power from that array... However, that's the downside of alternate effects.

Also I just re-read your attacks, grasp of the dying isn't ranged, so technically the cloud releases centered on you, which wouldn't have caught most of them in it to begin with.. you'll have to keep that in mind unless you swap something out for increased range..
I'll let the initial damages go for now, but only those who 'should' have been caught in it to begin with will take the secondary (that will be Commando and Sprite)

BBs - Impervious helps against attacks with a str of half your impervious rank or less. Titan's imp. toughness is 8, so it makes you immune to rank 4 or lower attacks... So for this combat, that means Titan is immune to Sprite's standard attacks, but everybody else hits you normally.
Also, that only fails by 2 degrees (1 failure is 1-5 lower than dc, 2 is 6-10. 23-13 = 10. If you had rolled 1 lower, you'd be staggered, but you're only dazed.
Also be sure to include bruised penalties in your condition (Every time you fail a damage save you get a -1 penalty to future saves.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]* = Characters who've gone so far.
Redstone: 24
Savior: 20
Sam: 16
Titan: 15
Commando, Amazon: 14
Turret: 10

Xolotl once more taps his staff on the ground, surrounding himself with arcane symbols. He waves his hands in the air, casting a glyph that appears over Amazon. The woman can feel her very soul being sucked away by the glyph, but manages to resist the foul magic. The frustrated god produces another spell, waving his hand around, but is interupted by Armour
"Puny mageling, did you forget ME?" Recovered now from the grasping dead, the armoured foe charges at Xolotl, shoulder checking the mage, but to everybody's great surprise, Xolotl stands his ground, barely budging as his divine power resists the force of the impact.

Meanwhile the Golems continue their slugfest, with Stone coming back with a haymaker, connecting solidly with Redstone and knocking the Crystal golem into the wall.

There is a high pitched buzzing from down the hall, and Sprite reappears, going after Sam and Savior, stabbing at them repeatedly with his tiny dagger, but they see him coming and both manage to evade his jabs.

OOC:
No toughness saves were rolled for Xolotl or Sam from attacks last round (Post #48, Sept 22nd), so I've rolled them now, along with those required for this round.
I've rolled everybody's required toughness checks for this update as a 'test' to see how it works out.. *This brings up something I'd like to discuss in the OOC thread, please check it out!*

Xolotl makes all his saves
Sam makes his save
Redstone fails by 5, almost a second degree but not quite, so takes 1 bruise.

Everybody but XOLOTL gets to act now, then more badguys!

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Seeing little effect from his cannon Sam switches modes and sends a spray of energy blasts at the Golem in an attempt to give aid to Redstone.

Remove ads