Gaming w/Jemal : Circle of Champions OOC (Full for now)

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think part of the problem might be the paralysis of choice. Character design is so truly open, that it's difficult to figure out what to play. It's taken me this long to get an idea that excites me.

Then I come back here and realize it's right there in the second post.

Characters:Please keep in mind that you can play practically ANYTHING - Dragon

*SNIP*

So yes, I'd like to play a dragon, please. Powers should be fairly straight forward: claws, wings, scales, fiery breath.

As far as an origin, I figure he'd be a genetic experiment of some kind. Someone got it into their head to engineer a living tank as the next evolution of warfare. They used legends as their blueprints and after a few failures that were too stupid to live, train or be of any use to any one, they eventually produced one success that was quite a bit more intelligent than they had planned for.

Attachments

• Flying_Dragon_by_Fomle_chan.png.jpg
    Flying_Dragon_by_Fomle_chan.png.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tell me is this is too far off shore:

Paramax, the giant amoeba from space!
pelomyxa.jpg

A world in which evolution never give the steps to pluricelularity, organisms developed as big blobs of protoplasm, but developed telepathic communication, and a hive communal mind. These organisms developed a complex society, without a single piece of technology. They lived and evolved peacefully throughout the eons, until the Great Hunger, a giant world eating plante discovered their world and wanted to use it as a feeding ground. Not knowing war, the creatures didn't know how to react until it was too late. As their planet was sucked out, a protective spore left the world, with a handful of survivors. The spore ended up in Mars, where the creatures emerged and dispersed. It was the first time that each of them would act individually. Some decided to find a place with sufficient food and nutrients to replicate, and populate that world. Others seek revenge and went other ways. But one particular individual, yes, this one organisms... it wanted knowledge. It felt attracted to a green planet, rich in minds and thoughts and war and glory. This planet, was Earth.

Oh, now I see this is a no alien game. Bummer...

Walking Dad

First Post
Thinking about either a crystalgolem powerhouse with some extra crystal generating abilities or a character with Venom/Carnage like powers.

edit: removed pictures.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION] LOL funny you should mention the paralysis of choice thing, that's actually one of the primary reasons I wanted to try a 'dungeon-crawly' type of M&M game.. I have a tendency to make overly-open settings for my games, and Players run into that exact problem, and now that I'm making a structured game, I make the same damn mistake with character creation..
*Facepalm*
As far as your concept, that's fine. I should point out that *Real* dragons do exist in the setting, hidden/sleeping, but if you wish to go with the genetic experiment, feel free.

Walking Dad - Either would be fine by me. :) Also, aren't both those pics from the D&D 3e Psionics handbook? amusing..

VV - Hmm, I think a giant Amoeba would be pushing the bounds of characters even for me. And yes, no aliens, sorry.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I should point out that *Real* dragons do exist in the setting, hidden/sleeping, but if you wish to go with the genetic experiment, feel free.
I think that makes it even better, especially if the existence of real dragons isn't common knowledge. He may believe he is a genetic experiment, but there's a reason that only one of the experiments worked. The original scientists, having a number of impressive failures, were under increasing pressure to produce something, anything. So when an anonymous package arrived labeled "dragon's blood" they didn't question it too much. They ran a few tests, extracted some DNA and incubated the result, just to see what would happen.

Leaves all sorts of interesting questions: Who sent the blood? Where did they get it? What was their agenda?

Also, on the subject of the world, I know you intentionally left it open for player contributions, but I was wondering if you had a specific civilization level in mind. Are we looking full on post-apocalyptic, everything bombed back to the stone age, except for lingering high-tech relics. Or is it more of a dystopia in decline, much like today, but worse?

I've been kind of viewing it a little like X-Crawl / Hunger Games where the games are not just political tools, but also the bread and circuses to keep the people from noticing the state of the world they live in. It kind of informs some of my character design, so I need to know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Walking Dad

First Post

Walking Dad - Either would be fine by me. :) Also, aren't both those pics from the D&D 3e Psionics handbook? amusing..
Yes, both are :) An I will go with the golem. Created as a war tool, he spontaneously developed intelligence and will of its own. He is also made of "living crystal", so he has a Stamina score.

VV - Hmm, I think a giant Amoeba would be pushing the bounds of characters even for me. And yes, no aliens, sorry.
Hey, VV, do you remember the game you played an ancient brain on its animated sacrifice altar?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hey, VV, do you remember the game you played an ancient brain on its animated sacrifice altar?

What can I say, I like weird characters. I also played a swarm plant god on a HolyMan's game.
Yeah, pretty cool game. Relique du made was the DM I believe. I'll come up with something cool.

Walking Dad

First Post
Redstone

[sblock=Picture]
33546.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sheet (work in progress ]Trade-offs: -3 Att, +3 Damage ; -3 Defense, +3 Toughness

ABILITIES
STRENGTH 7/11
STAMINA 5/9
AGILITY 2
DEXTERITY 0
FIGHTING 5
INTELLECT 0
AWARENESS 2
PRESENCE 0

42 PP

POWERS

Crystal Growth (27):
Damage 0 (strength-based, multiattack 11, penetrating 11, variable 1) (23)
AP: Create Object 8 (Crystal; continuous, close, impervious, precise, accurate 2) (1)
AP: Damage 0 (strength-based, ranged on 10, accurate 3, variable 1) (1)
AP: Damage 0 (strength-based, cone 1 (on 8 ranks), selective on 8 ranks, variable 1) (1)
AP: Encase: Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree (1)

Crystal Body (35):
Growth 4 (Permanent) (8)
Enhanced Traits (Dodge 2, Parry 2) (4)
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 11; Drawback: Noticeable) (12)
Immunity (life support, aging, emotion effects, need for sleep) (17)
Senses 2 (darkvision) (2)

70 point total

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Improved Initiative 1, Power Attack

4 point total

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+15), Expertise (Sculpting) 2 (+2), Perception 6 (+8)

6 point total

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Unarmed +5 Close , Damage 11
Ranged Shards +6, Damage 10
Close Cone Damage 8, Dodge DC 18
Encase +5, Damage -, Dodge (DC 21)

DEFENSE
DODGE 5 (3)
PARRY 5 (0)
FORTITUDE 9 (0)
TOUGHNESS 11 (11 Impervious)
WILL 7 (5)

8 PP

POWER POINTS
ABILITIES 42 + POWERS 70 + ADVANTAGES 4 + SKILLS 6 + DEFENSES 8 = 130 TOTAL

Complications:
Unusual Form: His abnormal height and weight gives him problems fitting with most normal equipment and entrances.
Vulnerability: His toughness is not impervious to sonic attacks.
Prejudice: He looks like a "thing", not a living/thinking creature.
[/sblock]

[sblock=misc]Height: 11 feet
Weight: 1,500 pounds
Hair: none

A massive crystal golem that only recently awakened to sentience, still doing what he was build for (combat), but looking for other possibilities in his future).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
very interested no idea for concept or character style 0_o o_0, but count me in. <3 M&M

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Not bad so far, WD. couple questions
A) Have you settled on a trait? (I assume from your numbers you went with the potential +1 PL cap?)
B) The way your cone is written had me confused for a while, I thought you had 9 ranks in AREA (Making a way-too-massive 2-mile cone), but now I think that it's only applying Area to 9 ranks of your strength, for a str 9 cone.. Is that correct?
C) not a question, just double checking numbers. By my count, Growth 4 gives: +4 mass, +1 size, +4 str, +4 stam, +2 Intimidate, -4 stealth, -2 dodge, -2 parry.
Also, just so we're on the same page, Size wise, you're 10-15 feet tall and between 1000-1600 Pounds. Could you make a note of what your actual size within those parameters is?
D) I assume the 'enhanced traits: dodge 2/parry2 is to counter the size penalty?
E) I assume the Crystal Growth is him.. well, Growing Crystals? Can he do it at range, as is the base of Create, or are you going to limit it, aka him 'embedding' crystals or growing them via touch or proximity? Also Precise doesn't make much sense for crystal growth, how do you cause crystals to grow into intricate moving parts?

Remove ads