Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, OOC Update / News.

I've been pondering the way this campaign is progressing, and as H4H has noted, the pacing on this is a bit touch & go. Now part of that's my fault, with the busyness & Sickness lately, but I'm thinking that another big part of it was that I'd originally envisioned the campaign as very PC driven/Proactive sandboxy type of campaign where I had the world's development/storyline listed out and would respond to PC actions, but It appears as though people are wanting a more standard/linear playstyle where they react to me.

So, I figured I'd just ask what everybody's opinion on the matter is before we continue as is or possibly rework the story a bit for a different style.
What do you guys think of the way the campaign's been going - would you prefer a more straightforward "Here's the mission, go here and do stuff" style?
Do you have any opinions on what's been slowing the story down or suggestions?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost is currently a new little fish in a rather big pond (organization). It would be a bit out of character for him to commanding anyone around or forcing his interests.

So he would rely on been given missions to proof his worth (standard playstyle) before he can drag the others to do his own interests (sandbox).

Walking Dad

First Post
May it would be easier to change to 'sandbox' later, after we have more established our characters.

That said, 'sandbox' is sometimes hard with superheroes. Comics trained us that the villain acts and the hero reacts ;)

Shayuri

First Post
I don't mind sandbox, as long as it's clear that's what it is. :)

Though really, Cassandra's group is currently on a mission; retrieve James and bring him in to our company as discretely as possible.

So far it seems to be going pretty well. :)

jkason

First Post
I don't mind sandbox, as long as it's clear that's what it is. :)

Though really, Cassandra's group is currently on a mission; retrieve James and bring him in to our company as discretely as possible.

So far it seems to be going pretty well. :)

What she said. :) Since we were currently on a mission, and work for a large organization, that's what I was focused on.

Walking Dad

First Post
For me it's more 'meh whatever... but please continue!'. ;)
I really like the background of the world and looking for a new goal for Frost than simple survival (his old goal before meeting the others).

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, Still working on figuring out a couple things, been a bit busy lately, so might be a few more days /a week before I can get an update that'll get the game moving in a more quickly-paced/linear progression. It may also require some minor retconning and/or short time skip.

Remove ads