Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse

jkason

First Post
The dull haze Terry had been in during all the mundane legwork disappeared as the pair heard gunshots. He nodded to Cassandra.

"Even if it's not him, I'm not keen on letting folks with guns run around town. Let's do it," he says, his grin probably a little too eager. He looks around. "Now, maybe an ATM? I promised not to crash 'em, but I didn't promise not to hitchhike along their power grid, right?"

OOC: Works for me. I hadn't thought of an official uniform / costume for Terry, though since Cassandra has a secret identity he'd probably have something to help keep him from giving her away. 3e doesn't seem to have any quick change rules, though, so how does that work?

ATM was just the first thing I came up with that might have a power line attached that Terry could use to teleport closer to the action. If there's nothing serviceable, looks like Cassandra's TK should be able to carry them both without straining her?

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Yes, cass & Terry know he's a mutant, and what he can do.
Not sure about the Quickchange.
Can Terry take people with him when he turns into electricity?
Will update later, have had splitting migraine all day
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yes, cass & Terry know he's a mutant, and what he can do.
Not sure about the Quickchange.
Can Terry take people with him when he turns into electricity?
Will update later, have had splitting migraine all day
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]He didn't take the mass progression extra, so he can only carry 50 additional pounds on a teleport unless he uses a power stunt to gain the extra.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Standing on a rickety wooden cargo palette, with a domino mask around her eyes and otherwise normal street clothes, Cassandra didn't exactly look like a heroic avenger of the night...but it would be enough to keep her identity protected. She hoped.

The palette rose into the air gently, carrying her along with it. Realizing that Terry's power to move around was faster, but also more limited, she glanced down at him and offered, "I could pick you up and carry you over there too if you want."

(OOC - She doesn't have Affects Others on her Flight, but she can use her TK while flying to grab someone and carry them along.)

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

The palette rose into the air gently, carrying her along with it. Realizing that Terry's power to move around was faster, but also more limited, she glanced down at him and offered, "I could pick you up and carry you over there too if you want."

Terry, pulling up his shaded goggles and flipping up his hood, gave a smile. "Much appreciated. Haven't figured out how to yank other folks over power lines yet, and honestly, I'd rather not jump into the middle of a firefight without you there to back me up."

Jemal

Adventurer
Los Angeles Update

Los Angeles, Warehouse District
- Tinman, Fulcrum, Grid -
Tinman steps forward, Shrugging off the majority of the force from the bullets, though he could swear one left a dent in his shoulder. He reaches forward with impossibly huge arms and makes a grab for one of the Thugs, though the man leaps out of the way the side and rolls, the four of them firing as the back slowly towards the door, sending more rounds pinging into the metalic hero.

Fulcrum zooms towards the gunfire on a pallet, dragging the white-knuckled Grid along for the ride. As they rapidly approach, she manages to narrow down where it is coming from as more gunfire erupts, along with shouting.

[sblock=ooc]
So I've noticed two things I dislike about the ENWorld roller.
A) You can't roll during posting, you have to roll after and then edit if your actions are dependant on the roll.
B) You can't view other rolls in the thread while writing a post, you have to open a new tab/window with the thread in it.

Just some annoyances I was wondering if anybody knows whether there's options to change either of those, or if I just have to live with it?
*EDIT: Also, any way to Roll multiples of the same dice roll without adding them? Other than the "save and add another roll" feature?

Anyways, Combat:
I'll be using your 'hero' names during combat just fyi
Tinman failed the first toughness save by 4 but made the second (Yes I took into account your impervious, it only blocks weapons of 5 or lower, these are high powered rifles with dmg 6.)
Speaking of, three more hits means 3 more DC 21 saves. -1 toughness for the one you've allready failed.

Flight rank 6 will get Fulcrum and Grid there in two rounds. Please roll initiative and you'll arrive at Fulcrum's initiative next round. (I'll also need init from Tinman.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington Update

-Jacob-
Jacob moved about the town, watching but remaining out of the public eye - Or so he had been assuming, but he was getting suspicious now. For the last hour, he'd had the feeling that he was being watched, and as he rounded a corner, saw what looked to be a very familiar black van slowly coming down the street. A chill crawled up his spine, and the adrenaline began racing, but before he could do anything, a man bumped roughly into him, before hurrying along.

It was a few seconds later before his somewhat numbed senses told him he was holding a piece of paper.

--
They're just watching you.. For now.
Stay cool.
Ever seen Lincoln?
--

By the time he was done reading, the mysterious messenger was gone.

-Jax-
Fury wished Jackson good luck before ushering him out so she could attend to other matters. He was allowed to keep the file, which detailed all of the places 'Frost' had been spotted. They all seemed to be in a 10 block area, so it shouldn't be too hard to find him.

Once he arrived in the area, Jax's finely honed senses quickly picked up the abundance of blacked out vehicles and a few 'inconspicuous' gentleman at cofee shops or news stands with earpieces and concealed weapons. He may not have found the target yet, but it was clear that the Agency was taking the manhunt seriously.. Whether they had located Frost's exact location or were just staking the areas he'd been seen, however, was unknown to him. As Jax pondered his next action, he noticed a man round the corner a block away, heading towards him. The man was obviously in a hurry, and aware of the surveillance, but was not Frost. He didn't seem to take any notice of Jax as he moved past him.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
James shook he first shot to his shoulder off... it was now sore and bugged him slightly, but this was his chance to make a difference for once and actually be part of the good news rather than reporting the bad of it. James again moves within 20 feet of the nearest thug as the back for the door and tries to grab him and grasp him with one massive hand!

"mmmrrraa!! Those hurt damn it! come here!" James growled as he reached out to stop some of the barrage of lead flying past him...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Cass' brow knit with concentration as she guided both her platform and Terry at breakneck speeds through the alleyway, kicking up a trail of dust and debris from the force of their passage. As the gunfire continued she made a frustrated grunt and simply hoisted everyone up over the red brick to their left, hoping to shave some time off their ETA and swoop down from an unexpected direction.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Great. Stay cool. First I got company and then a warning with a pun.
Maybe this was someone of the Drake Foundation.
Lincoln... I will assume this means Lincoln Memorial, not Lincoln County...

Drake ponders as he starts to adjust his direction to bring him to the memorial.
He will wait where he can see 'Lincoln', bu not very close. Maybe this is a trap. (Yeah, living on the run also gives you a wonderful paranoia ...) No reason to get close to this thing, being attacked and then blamed for terrorism and destroying it.

Remove ads