Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan AKA The Grid

[sblock=ooc]
So I've noticed two things I dislike about the ENWorld roller.
A) You can't roll during posting, you have to roll after and then edit if your actions are dependant on the roll.
B) You can't view other rolls in the thread while writing a post, you have to open a new tab/window with the thread in it.

Just some annoyances I was wondering if anybody knows whether there's options to change either of those, or if I just have to live with it?
*EDIT: Also, any way to Roll multiples of the same dice roll without adding them? Other than the "save and add another roll" feature?

Don't know of a way around any of them, I'm afraid. They divorced the rolls from posts in an effort to avoid people trashing and / or editing rolls they didn't like, and A and B above were the result of that.[/sblock]

Cass' brow knit with concentration as she guided both her platform and Terry at breakneck speeds through the alleyway, kicking up a trail of dust and debris from the force of their passage. As the gunfire continued she made a frustrated grunt and simply hoisted everyone up over the red brick to their left, hoping to shave some time off their ETA and swoop down from an unexpected direction.

Grid gulped as the harness-less roller-coaster that was Fulcrum's TK flight veered and jumped, then ascended. He tried not to panic as the ground fell further below, though he did find himself looking for the closest power line, hoping he might be able to grab hold before he hit the ground. He really had to work on figuring out a way to stay in his energy form without conductive materials...

Jemal

Adventurer
Los Angeles Update

Los Angeles, Warehouse District
-Tinman, Fulcrum, Grid-
[sblock=Init]
Initiative:
Fulcrum 16
Thugs 14
Grid 13
Tinman 6

Don't have a map template drawn up ATM, so please use your imagination for the time being, I'll try to describe it well.
[/sblock]

Fulcrum and Grid speed along over the rooftops, zooming past one alley where Grid glances warily downards to see a bemused cabbie leaning out of his cab and watching them zoom by overhead. As he glances back up, he sees that not too far ahead of them is a Warehouse with a crashed window on the second floor. On the ground outside are a few unconscios men, and through the hole the two of them can see a large metallic man fighting four men with guns.

Inside, Tinman crosses his hands in front of him as yet more bullets fly, and though for the most part they are simply pinging off of him, they're hitting a lot harder than he's comfortable with.

Still, he's more than a match for normal humans, as he proves by grabbing one of the thugs and slamming him into a wall, knocking the man silly.

[sblock=Combat]
The Gunman toughness save is supposed to be +6, that was a typo, but he still fails by 11. He's grappled and Stunned. Also, Tinman needs another 2 saves (With 2 bruised this time).

Allright, Fulcrum's turn is up now and she needs one move action to get into the building. B/c she's carrying Grid, There's two options: Either she can spend an action to set him down gently, at which point he'll get a full round action. OR, if she just drops him on the floor ( ;) ) he'll need to make an acrobatics check(DC15) to maintain his feet(If he fails he falls prone and must spend a move action to get up), but then Fulcrum will have a standard action.

OH, one more thing: Please include your current health(Any status effects/bruised conditions), and Defense class in your posts.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Wind whistles in the ears of both Grid and Fulcrum as she brings them sharply down into the alley towards the building...straight for the gun fight! Grid finds himself manhandled by some invisible, intangible force, as if the air itself were moving him. He's placed on his feet near a structural column as Fulcrum herself glides in for a landing not far away.

(OOC - Not knowing how 'squishy' Grid is, Cass uses her action to set him down near some kind of cover, if possible. She'll seek cover to land behind as well but if not, so be it. Defense is 20, Toughness is 10 (imp). Uninjured.)

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=Jemal]
Jemal said:
OH, one more thing: Please include your current health(Any status effects/bruised conditions), and Defense class in your posts.
I'm not sure how to figure defense... but once someone tells me I'll add it... I'll make sure I add my two bruised though to the bottom of my post...[/sblock]

James grunts again as another bullet dents his metal skin... furrowing his brows he pushes though holding one thug in one hand he reaches for another to stop as many sources of bullets as he can, in his mind he wished he had too more hands to grip the other two.

Looking back behind him he glups slightly at the two arriving at his back. For a moment he thinks about dashing away not know yet if they are here to help or harm. Pushing the thought away James turns back for another thug and lashes out to smash and grab!

[sblock=Battle Conditions]Bruisedx2 Toughness 11-2(10 Impervious)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, Grid

Grid breathed a sigh of relief as his feet made contact with the ground once again, but quickly realized he hadn't the time to collect himself. He reached toward the conflict, and an arc of electricity shot out wildly in the direction of the gunman not in the metal man's grip.

OOC: Not sure if that hit...

[sblock]Defenses:
Dodge: 5 (+7)
Fort: 5 (+6)
Parry: 5 (+5)
Toughness: 4 (+5/+9)
Will: 3 (+7)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Los Angeles, Warehouse District
-Tinman, Fulcrum, Grid-
[sblock=Initiative]
Because Initiative is Cyclical, I'm going to update up to the NPC's turn, and then it's the parties turn, and then we'll just alternate back and forth. So, Fulcrum took her action, now the Thugs take theres. After this, we'll use the following initiative order and I'll update when it's the badguys turn. I'm not skipping anybody's turn, just making it easier on updates. (Also Shayuri please post another action to happen after grid/tinman but before the next combat update)
Initiative Order:
Grid
Tinman
Fulcrum
Thugs
[/sblock]
Fulcrum and Grid zoom into the room, Grid being set down near a metal pole that might provide some cover.

Tinman winces is pain as yet more of the high powered shots dent his armoured skin, and two unknowns - In strange masks - literally fly through the window. Either he just got backup, or these thugs have meta-support, and he's toast.

[Sblock=ooc/combat]
Grids turn for a Standard Action.
James failed one of the last batch of saves(now 3), but fortunately is only struck by one of the current batch of bullets, one Toughness save pls(And you don't need to repost an action, your last one hasn't happened yet, just waiting on another action from Shayuri then I'll update with the new round system.

*Rolling Errors*
Please ignore the fact that they all say "gunman1 Fire", twas a copy-paste mistake, there's three identical gunmen who shot you, doesn't particularily matter which was which.
Also I misspelt Gunman on the toughness save... Which I just realized I shouldn't have rolled yet b/c it doesn't happen till Tinmans turn. :( [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry smiles as he notices the post he's near is metal. "This could come in handy," he mumbles. Then he peeks out from behind it long enough to let loose an arc of electricity toward the closest of the two un-gripped gunmen.

[sblock=Defenses]
Dodge: 5 (+7)
Fort: 5 (+6)
Parry: 5 (+5)
Toughness: 4 (+5/+9)
Will: 3 (+7)[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
-Jax-
Fury wished Jackson good luck before ushering him out so she could attend to other matters. He was allowed to keep the file, which detailed all of the places 'Frost' had been spotted. They all seemed to be in a 10 block area, so it shouldn't be too hard to find him.

Once he arrived in the area, Jax's finely honed senses quickly picked up the abundance of blacked out vehicles and a few 'inconspicuous' gentleman at cofee shops or news stands with earpieces and concealed weapons. He may not have found the target yet, but it was clear that the Agency was taking the manhunt seriously.. Whether they had located Frost's exact location or were just staking the areas he'd been seen, however, was unknown to him. As Jax pondered his next action, he noticed a man round the corner a block away, heading towards him. The man was obviously in a hurry, and aware of the surveillance, but was not Frost. He didn't seem to take any notice of Jax as he moved past him.

Jax began to ghost the agents. Trailing those who where tracking the one man. His plan was simple. Take out an Agent while he was out of sight and see what they were up to using their own comms. Or intercede on the mysterious stranger's behalf. Whichever came first.

OOC: Been very very sick since Saturday. Hence my lack of posting. Sorry

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra looks around wildly and her eyes fixate on a large fragment of the wall that caved in and cracked off when the metal man crashed in, she assumes. Drywall caked around a steel support beam. It would do.

Nothing visible happens at first. Her eyes narrow in concentration. No energy beams or strange glows or sudden drops in temperature.

But then the wall fragment drifted lazily up into the air and shot off towards the gunmen, crashing through the line of them without slowing down until it hit the far wall!

(OOC - Throwing Something Big! Positioning line effect to try to intersect as many of them as possible. Ref save to reduce effect is DC 19. Toughness DC 24.)

Remove ads