• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse

Shayuri

First Post
"He's right," Cass agreed somberly. "It wouldn't have been any different if you'd made an anonymous tip to the police, and they'd come, and one had died in the firefight. That police officer's blood isn't on your hands. It's on the man's who pulled the trigger of the gun that shot him."

She looked up at James. "You're not an army, or a police squad. You can't judge yourself because of the things you can't do yet. Concentrate on the good you can do right now, and keep practicing and training to get better."

hero4hire

Explorer
Kombat
"Can we go straight to the Drake Center? Or do we have to been sure that we are not followed?"
Jakob asks Jax after stepping back to ease abit the cold the other man is suffering.
"I really don't like this. Have you any idea who the others were?"

Jax nodded. "Yeah, we'll make sure we don't have a tail. They may be tasking satellites so we'll take the DC Metrorail. It is close by, crowded, and they will have a hard time covering all 86 stops." He started off towards the Subway entrance. "As far as you those Yahoos were...Radicals. They believe they have to fight their oppressors. I almost agree with 'em...Almost. But you have to pick and choose your battles. They aint doin' us any favors by making us all look like Crazy Terrorists."

OOC: Do I need to make any rolls to make sure we are not followed?

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Time? You said it right, it has already started, it has been started when your grandfather built this corporation. This is not the begening, it's the evolution of an ongoing process that has started many decades ago. William could never assimilate that. The key question here, is what can we do to solve this problem?" says Uomo from his seat, having turned off the television, and taken out a cigar. "Well, you are the leader of this company now, you should know; I can only point you out in the right direction." he adds, lighting the cigar and taking it to his mouth. "Your father always used the phrase "Knowledge is power, and there is no knowledge, that is no power." and I guess it applies nicely to our situation. There has been a couple of things going on from which we know relatively nothing about. We might be loosing our chance here. Isolated events might gather at one point to lead the way to something else, something new. You want to make sure the corporation will be part of it, either for stopping it or to help it." advices the quizzically man, with his usual strong itallian accent.

Rathan

First Post
James shook his head, they could coddle him all they wanted to, he still felt responsible.

"Lets just get to see these Gryphon people, perhaps it will take my mind away from it's train of thought at the moment." James said as he turned to follow them again as they moved on.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra nodded. "I'll call a cab and we'll head into town. You'll have to give me directions to a car rental place. Gryphon picks up the tab, but it's not supplying us with Batmobiles yet."

She calls a cab on her cellphone and in minutes it's arrived. The trip into town is only minutes long and ends at one of the quality car rentals in the area. Cass pays the cab off, then vanishes inside...reappearing a few minutes later with a rental agreement in a thick paper sheaf, and a set of car keys.

"Need to pick anything up? They won't be asking you to move away from here full time, I expect, so don't worry about packing."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington DC

Jax and Frost take a long circuitous route through the metro tunnels before finally arriving at Drake headquarters, where they are quickly ushered inside.

The security chief, Angela Fury, greets them inside "Mr Drake would like to see you both in his office. We've allready had visits from the Agency asking to question all of our personell about the attack." The tall red-skinned woman seems agitated, on edge, and shrugs off any comments or questions as she leads them to the top floor, and motions for them to enter "Talk to the boss."

The two men enter a large room not unlike a penthouse.. it even has a fireplace against one wall, in front of which stands a tall man, his back to them.

"Well, I'm glad you've managed to return safely, mister Munroe. Miss Fury has had nothing but praise for your work, and I'm glad you got him away from the Agency, although that little.. debacle at the National Park was regretable." He turns to face them, stepping forwards and extending a hand towards Jacob "Mister Calvin.. or do you prefer 'Frost'? I've found that many of our people prefer to use their new 'mutant names' over their old 'human names'. Regardless, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. We've been searching for you for some time now."

The man steps back to his desk, and pushes a button, and shutters fall across the windows, and a slight hum fills the air. "Now that the room is a bit more private, I have a few things to say.
Firstly, you should know that if you give me your word on something, I will trust it unless given reason not to. I'm willing to give my own kind the benefit of the doubt.
Secondly, if I ever find that one of my people has broken my trust, they will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.. though fairly.
Now, knowing those two things, I have a few question for you gentlemen, and I would ask that you be truthful with me, and I will return the favour."

He looks Frost directly in the eyes and his face is serious, but not hard
"My main question - a formality really - What happened with you at the school last year? Were you a terrorist like the police believe? I'm not accusing, in fact I allready believe you're innocent, I just need to hear the truth from you directly before I pledge any of my considerable resources to help you."

After the response, he turns to Jax "Now, how were you two involved, if at all, with the Lincoln Memorial Attack?"

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Los Angeles

Once the team has rented a car and picked up whatever they need for their trip, they hit the road back to Metro City, and the Gryphon headquarters. By car, it's approximately a 40 hour drive.
[sblock=ooc]
Who's driving and how do you intend to make the trip? Stop for the nights at motels, or drive non-stop in shifts?
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Gryphon Corp HQ, Metro City

Yes, I think it's time our role became a little more active. I've been so busy reacting to the recent events, and trying to keep our secret, that I've stopped doing anything else. Robert grins "I think maybe its time we spoke to Drake. You feel up for a road trip, old man?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That is a sound suggestion, I'll grab some of my personal gear and we can be on our way." replies Uomo, standing up, tightening his tie, and walking away to retrieve his gear.
When he is back, he addresses Robert. "I do not trust this Drake guy at any extent; I will advice caution. If he turns out to be a threat, how would you like to deal with him?"

hero4hire

Explorer
After the response, he turns to Jax "Now, how were you two involved, if at all, with the Lincoln Memorial Attack?"

Jax shrugged. "Involved? No...There? Unfortunately. I tracked down our errant young meta to the Memorial. Unfortunately there was also a presence of metahuman extremists there who sought to involve us...well Frost mostly. The woman in charge seemed to know him. Once things started escalating we evacuated the scene. Our engagement with the agents was minimal at best. No force used."

Remove ads