Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Shayuri

First Post
2) "Bomb" Joshua Harding
An easily depressed child with the ability to cause explosions around him. Unfortunately when the power manifested he destroyed his entire house and family.

-- You should name him "Adam." :)

Victim, I'm fuzzy on this, so this is a good question not just for this game. Her water sense...it doesn't have the 'x-ray' mod, so I assumed she couldn't sense water in pipes behind walls. Is that so? Similarly, it's not Accurate, so can she use it to target a Perception power? Finally, she has the limit of "Medium: Water." Does blood count as water?

These seem to be grey areas at best to me offhand...but they are worth looking into! Thanks for the ideas. :)

Edit for Jemal's replies -

In no way do I mean to imply that I've been treated unfairly. I realize that the limit means just that...that the powers are limited. I don't expect anything different. However...I'm realizing now that I didn't plan ahead for just how limited that limiter was. It was fairly shortsighted of me, and I take all the responsibility for my present woes.

I'm not giving up on her yet. I just need to find things I can do that are still within the limits, yet that will make her consistantly fun to play.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri - For the purposes of your power/drawback, I would NOT allow blood to be considered water, though I would allow you to sense water through objects. After all, you can 'hear' things you can't see, and smell, etc... Metal detectors detect metal through objects.. why not sense water (Hell, just think of water witches.. people who find underground water wells with like a 90% accuracy rate using a stick).

Hm.. the accurate/perception water control is a bit trickier, it would depend on the amount of water.. anyting that's a fairly large amount you should be able to 'pull', causing it to burst the pipe.. it's very situational, just ask.
(ALso, I don't get the 'adam' reference...)

Shayuri

First Post
You saw Calypso's initiative too, right? Just making sure. You seemed to be saying above that only Quarterback had posted his. :)

Oh! And did you see the post about Industrygothica's game?

Victim

First Post
Err, the lack of Accurate would present a problem for targeting her TK.

As far as I recall, whether or not she needs X-Ray is somewhat ambiguous. For example, hearing isn't X-ray, but you can still hear people on the other side of a wall or door. Sometimes. So things that block one sense aren't always going to block other ones. If she could only detect water that she could also detect with her other senses, then it's not useful, right?

And I should check for new posts before righting this...

(Victim, gogo og og og initiative and kilL!!)

Have you been talking to my brother? "Is Temper killing someone yet?"

Caros

First Post
Oh I'm certainly not complaining. Alchemist went toe to with quicksilver and then nightcrawler as well for something like four rounds.

My only complaint is that I got my ass knocked down without getting to make some last witty quip. Then again, down not out right. ^_^;

Oh and Xi'an, I know kinda how you feel. If you look at the start of the fight, Alchemist should have been knocked out round 1. You just kinda got the really short end of the stick this fight =(

Jack of Tales

First Post
More concepts

Hah..Adam, took me a second. Not sure if I want to play that one though :X I originally designed him as a low PL, high attack completely uncontrollable NPC. How depressed would you be if you explode and can't control when? In the original story not only did he end up killing his family but three firemen, a room full of prisoners, six cops and a teacher. He was kept in a bomb shelter beneath Claremont academy(freedom city setting) and used for power

Most of the concepts I posted above were PL 8-10's of M&M characters I already made on the ATT for fun ^^. So far I like Medusa and Harrowed the best. Although Radical is a cool idea o.o

Anyway...:
4) Askelon Noor aka Harrowed [PL 8]
Sure some mutants are feral, but even Wolverine must say that Harrowed has it the worse. She has a literal beast waiting inside her that can burst out at times. Powers: claws, super-speed, perhaps hellfire control + alternate form: A wolf-like creature with huge talons and a penchant for eating people. Perhaps make it a morph/metamorph attached to that one drawback that's essentially for Multi-personality disorder. Uncommon/difficult to stop.
*Should probably note that she wouldn't use the alternate form since it essentially has a mind of its own. Think almost like a possession effect*

5) Radical, Ferris Alderidge [PL 6 or 8]
The daughter of a modern-age pirate, Radical has a unique and disturbing power. She has various blood-related abilities. Not other people's blood [although maybe something she could find out she can do later as she learns more about her powers] but her own. Powers: Deflect (forms shields of blood), dazzle, heal(think angel after his second mutation), strike/blast (whiplike streams of blood), acid (aliens, much?) and maybe more after I look through the book. Obviously done in an array ^^. I specifically avoided 'blood control' so as to not step on Calypso's abilities. Instead think girl going into battle with a switchblade and one hand bleeding onto the floor. Prob give her some type of regen + immunity: poison.

Oohh or maybe make it so she creates duplicates via blood

6) Petal, Still thinking of a real name
Thin girl, dyed hair, wears colored glasss [blue or red lenses], perky/overly happy (Or do you have that already? I was thinking Pixie levels of perky)
Powers: all flower related. Nauseate (Think Rafflesia flowers), Confuse (erm..creepy pollen?), stun (allergies), paralyze (same lines), obscure (I saw some weird anime where a person filled an area with flying rose petals that obscured everything), and other support/disable effects. Heal/ adrenaline boost (think "aromatherapy' and caffeine or coca plants).

Looks like you needed more combat focused characters so all of the above would be focused on combat uses of the abilities or know a martial art form [Petal would know capoeira because it would just..fit]

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
7) Wicked,
Anyone remember those issues of excalibur with Professor Xavier on Genosha after it was wasted by Cassandra Nova? No? Probably not..anyway there was this A-:):):):)ing amazing (power wise) girl there called Wicked. She could call the spirits of the dead to do things for her. I'd love to find a way to replicate that. Probably spirit control coupled with summon ghost/horde/lots of progression. She had a flaw where everytime the ghost was damaged she could feel it too.

Remove ads