• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising OOC (Game has started!)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hmm..

I'm thinking that Dusk could have easily ran across Nightshift and or Gordon Masterson at AA (since all hard boiled noir types tend to have at least one addiction). Also, since Shayuri's character is a journalist intern, she could have easily did a fluff piece dealing with the riggers of being a stuntman.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Hadn't considered Nightshift a drunk... but it's better than a mall cop (How dare *you*, Andor! :)

He's definitively a security guard though, as in night. Maybe at the University? Gives him probable link to Crystal (Night school courses given at the U? Walk through campus on your way back from courses?) or Shayuri's Omnimental (she has theories about *him*?) or anybody else using the facilities late at night or very early in the morning... A training buddy would be ideal, actually (the U's got a gym, of course). He always liked to keep fit, but now that he's regained his youthful vigor, well... He's also a war vet (haven't decided which one yet), fairly involved with local vets and war amps of all ages.

So... anybody fancy a teleporting spotter with a gun?

Andor

First Post
Hadn't considered Nightshift a drunk... but it's better than a mall cop (How dare *you*, Andor! :)

*lol* Dude, there's a show on cartoon network now called 6teen. And the mall cop is an old vietnam vet who never really adapted to civilian life. His voice sounds exactly like christopher walken. And every thing you do to decribe your character make him sound more like him. *rofl*

renau1g

First Post
*lol* Dude, there's a show on cartoon network now called 6teen. And the mall cop is an old vietnam vet who never really adapted to civilian life. His voice sounds exactly like christopher walken. And every thing you do to decribe your character make him sound more like him. *rofl*

I thought the same thing. My wife and I stumbled on it and couldn't turn it off, it had some weird power over us.

P.S. Binder Fred - that would work, the night courses relationship :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Hello Walking Dad. Maybe examples of the different powers your Variable pool can take would clear things up? The most common ones maybe (form of water, acid, toxic gas, what have you).

OK, I'm not going to go all out and number crunch each of your sheets, just looking closely enough to know what your character can do and to see if there's anything I have problems with or need clarified.

Walking Dad
I honestly don't know what I was expecting. I guess I just wasn't expecting it to look so similar to Shayuri's elemental concept.
Right now your character is using shapeshift to do the exact same thing as Shayuri's character is doing via alternate form (At least as far as I can tell)

Perhaps a bit more in the way of explanation of what you want the character to be able to DO would help?

ALSO, what were you looking at for your normal to super transformation? Remember that to qualify for normal identity it has to require an effort and be reasonably stoppable.

Ok,

1. Shayuri changed the concept from elemental body to element control. Niche is protected.

2. Changing to gas for flying, insubstantial and choking.
Change to brick or steel for impervious upgrade to protection and immovability.
Change to rubber for elctricity resistance, bouncing and stretching.

3. I thought about free action and clasping my hands together (forming a cycle for the proton/neutron reassembling.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I've been strugglin' with ye old Power Level section of the rules (p.24). If I read this right, the total of your Defense Bonus + Toughness Save should be 20 for a PL10 game. So far, so good. BUT Crystal, Red Impulse, Omnimental AND Dusk all have a total >20 (the last two by only one, granted).

How is this done?

Andor

First Post
I've been strugglin' with ye old Power Level section of the rules (p.24). If I read this right, the total of your Defense Bonus + Toughness Save should be 20 for a PL10 game. So far, so good. BUT Crystal, Red Impulse, Omnimental AND Dusk all have a total >20 (the last two by only one, granted).

How is this done?

If I understand what you're seeing, remember it's Toughness save + Defense bonus = 20. That doesn't include the 10 base defense everyone has. So if your looking at the final defense total it would be (Toughness save + (Defense - 10) = 20)

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you completely. :p

Remove ads