Gaming w/Jemal - Rebuilding the World

OutlawJT

First Post
I have a few questions about what you might allow.

The Swordsage class from Book of Nine Swords (approving the class also means approving the maneuvers and stances from the six disciplines available to the class from the chapter covering maneuvers).
Deepstone Sentinel prestige Class from the Book of Nine Swords (only worth looking at if you are also willing to approve the Stone Dragon discipline and all of it's maneuvers and the feats martial study and martial stance)
Paragon classes and flaws from Unearthed Arcana.
Whisper Gnome from Races of Stone (along with any/all whisper gnome/gnome racial feats from the book).
Dwarven racial substitution levels from Races of Stone (namely the fighter and cleric substitution levels).

Sorry to put forward so many questions without a concept. Right now I am just grasping at concepts I've been wanting to play to see if they would be allowed. I'll probably have more questions when I get some quiet time to study my collection of books.

serow

First Post
Well, since someone has asked for the ranger role, I'd put forward my other idea: a sorta nice but tough-guy cleric. Will add more ideas as I develop him further.

EDIT:
OK, got a clearer idea. He's a Pelor-ite who knew about the coming of the meteor but believed that his god would not abandon the faithful, and thus although they tried to actively stop the meteor, deep down they believed that Pelor would protect them. In the aftermath of the meteor, the question of whether their faith was true in the end is no longer the most pressing question to the "faithful". The biggest question is "Does it matter anymore?"

Stuff to ask for:
Radiant Servant of Pelor (Complete Divine, gotta ask since you mentioned the gods are generally quiet, and the RSoP is a deity-specific PrC)
Domain Spontaneity alternate class feature (PHB2)
Spontaneous Rejuvenation alternate class feature (Dungeonscape)

Question about ruling:
How do you interpret the RSoP's auto-empower/maximise Healing domain spells with the PHB2's Domain Spontaneity ability?
From my side, obviously it'd be great for them to work together, since it makes in-combat healing a heck lot more effective.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Here is the link for the Hp rolls. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1626482/

And here is the character:

Code:
 Name: Merduj Jahdam
Class: Warlock
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Chaotic good

Str: 14 +2 (6p.)     Level: 4        XP: 
Dex: 16 +3 (8p.)     BAB: +3         HP: 9+ 3d6+9= 33
Con: 16 +3 (8p.)     Grapple: +3     Dmg Red: 1/cold
Int: 12 +1 (4p.)     Speed: 30'      Spell Res: 
Wis: 08 +0 (0p.)     Init: +3        Spell Save: 
Cha: 14 +2 (6p.)     ACP: -1         Spell Fail: 15%

Base  Arm Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc Total 
Armor:      10    +5    +0    +3    +0    +0    +0    18
Touch: 13              Flatfooted: 15

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      1     +3          +4
Ref:                       1     +3          +4
Will:                      4     -1          +3

Weapon                Attack   Damage     Critical
Falichon                   +6     2d4 +3         18-20x2
Eldrich blast             +7     2d6 +1

Languages: Common, Elven.

Abilities: Endrich blast  (2d6)

Feats(Class): Damage reduccion 1/cold, Detect magic, decieve item

Feats: Weapon focus (Ranged spell-like abilities), Martial weapons proficiency , point blank shot.

Skill Points: 16+4+4+4       Max Ranks: 7/3
Skills                            Ranks  Mod   Total
Use Magic Device             5    +2          +7
Intimidate                             7    +2          +9
Knowledge(arcana)            5    +2          +7
Concentration                      5    +3          +8
craft (weaponsimthing)       6    +1          +7

Equipment:                                      Cost  Weight
MW Falichon                                      375gp    8lb
+1 Chain shirt                                  1100gp    25lb
Desert clothes  
Gloves of desterity                            2000gp
Backpack                                             2gp      2lb   
Rope                                                               10lb
Hammer
Trai rations x 30                                 15 gp     30lb
MW artisan tools                                               5lb 
MW tools (weaponsmithing)                                1lb
Potion of cure light wounds x5             250gp
Potion of Mage armor x5                     250gp
Potion of Invisibility                              300 gp
Potion of cure moderate wounds x2     600 gp         

Money: 108 gp     total: 81 lb

Light load < 58
Medium load: 59-116   <---
Heavy load: 117-175

Spell DC:  2 (Cha) + Spell Level

Invocations:
Least: Earthen grasp, Hideous blow, Eldrich spear

Height: 1.7 meters
Weight: 74 kg
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Clear black
Skin: Taned

Appearance: This is an average man, with heavy tanned skin, and cleared black hair, product of the unavoidable effects of the sun. He has a deep beard and mustaches, and his gaze is serious, though he has a well mannered behavior.
He uses a turban made of withe cloth, an adorned cloth shirt over his armor over a soft shirt, and a pair of gloves, adorned with some runes. He wears a pair of wide pants, and a pair of boots, adorned in with sand color draws.

Last edited:

serow

First Post
Nightbreeze said:
Are there any slots left? I found the initial topic interesting, and I may have some interesting concept for this.
I don't think Jemal has actually chosen who to play yet, so just go ahead and post :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, few things:
Ring of sustenance... Hmm, I don't tend to go into all that much detail about eating/drinking. If any of you want to take it for the sleep reduction, feel free, but food/water shouldn't be too much of an issue, despite the feel of the setting. Thank you for asking/bringing it up, Walking Dad.

WD -
Dragonborn is ok (If you don't take the wings ability), as is dragon shaman. I'm gonna say no to entangling breath. I think the dragon auras should all be good, as well as double aura.

Halford - You got me, I can't say no to a mage with a weasel :D. The quill looks good (and yes, for any prospective mages out there wondering, there should be a fair bit of downtime if you want to craft. it's just getting a safe place and the materials that could prove an issue). The bed roll is allright as well, but keep in mind that it only functions for you once every 48 hours (At least, the version I'm familiar with), meaning you can only use it every second day, and have to rest normally the other one.

Metaldragon - Duskblade.. hmm, never actually had someone play one when I'm DMing. I don't see any problems looking at the class, so go ahead.

Outlaw - I'm not a fan of book of 9, so I'm gonna have to say no to those, as well as the Flaws from unearthed. Are the paragon classes the same ones Here? IF so, I'd be ok with Dwarf, gnome, or halfling.
I don't have access to Races of Stone, so you'd have to copy out anything you wanted for approval from it (sry).

Serow - I don't mind having a Radiant servant of Balor... er Pelor (damit, why do I always do that. :D). As for using domain spontaneity (Healing domain) to get the RSoP's empower/maximize ability to work on all your healing spells by casting them spontaneously... it DOES work by the rules, but I won't be allowing it for this campaign. Again, thanks for asking. :) I like it when people make my life easier.
and, Er.. what's spontaneous rejuvenation do?

Nightbreeze - As serow said, I haven't closed yet, though I think I may soon.. (Goes to count interested posts)

Also everybody keep in mind 2 things when making your equipment list -A) Nonmagical equipment is essentially free (Within reason if you think you could find it in a decent sized medeival city), including MW.
B) don't take more than you can carry unless you're planning on hauling it around by wagon or staying in one spot.

Last edited:

Remove ads