• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gargoyles, season 1 DVD release

fba827

Adventurer
December 7, Gargoyles, season 1 is being released on dvd. I am a push over when it comes to this series so I can't wait. :)

Anyway, just wanted to mention it in case anyone else out there enjoys the show and wanted to get it.

Mind you, season 2 really had more "meat" than season 1... but season 1 (13 episodes I think) is still good, especially since it sets up everything else.

For those that don't know the series. It was a mid-90s cartoon put out by Disney that was a bit more dramatic than the usual Disney cartoon. Gargoyles were put to sleep by a spell for 1000 years and awaken in modern day New York. They then work to protect the humans which doesn't even know they exist (and those that do either fear, covet, or shun then). Anyway, I just liked the show :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I might add - it had more going for it than "a bit more dramatic". Gargoyles had ongoing story can character development, multi-episode arcs, and events with consequenses in later episodes. Unlike most other cartoon shows, if you stepped in mid-season, it might take you quite a while to figure out exactly what was going on a why.

Plus, it was a wonderful refuge for Star Trek actors to do voicework :)

Caius

First Post
when I was younger I really enjoyed this cartoon, especially the whole MacBeth story arc. I liked how that was done. I was wondering when they were going to put this on DVD. thanks for the info

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
From IMDB...

Credited cast:
Jonathan Frakes .... David Xanatos/Coyote 4.0 (voice)
Marina Sirtis .... Demona (aka Dominique Destine) (voice)
Michael Dorn .... Coldstone and Taurus (voice)
Kate Mulgrew .... Queen Titania/Anastasia Renard (voice)
Brent Spiner .... Puck (voice)
Colm Meaney .... Mr. Dugan (voice) ("The Hound of Ulster" Episode: #2.32 - 6 February 1996)
Avery Brooks .... Nokkar (voice) ("Sentinel" Episode: #2.39 - 19 February 1996)
LeVar Burton .... Anansi (voice) ("Mark of the Panther" Episode: #2.47 - 8 February 1996 )

John Rhys-Davies .... MacBeth (voice)
Tim Curry .... Dr. Anton Sevarius (voice)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
fba827 said:
December 7, Gargoyles, season 1 is being released on dvd. I am a push over when it comes to this series so I can't wait. :)

Anyway, just wanted to mention it in case anyone else out there enjoys the show and wanted to get it.

Mind you, season 2 really had more "meat" than season 1... but season 1 (13 episodes I think) is still good, especially since it sets up everything else.

For those that don't know the series. It was a mid-90s cartoon put out by Disney that was a bit more dramatic than the usual Disney cartoon. Gargoyles were put to sleep by a spell for 1000 years and awaken in modern day New York. They then work to protect the humans which doesn't even know they exist (and those that do either fear, covet, or shun then). Anyway, I just liked the show :)
Wow, is this, all of the uncut verisons, cause...I taped all the esps that were edited and unedited *one day will get around to redit them...one day :D*

KenM

Banned
Banned
Awhile back there was a rumor that Disney was going to do a live action Gargoyles movie. CGI gargoyles with the voices from the cartoon, Johnathan Frakes as Xanatos

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Gargoyles is one of the highlights of American animation. I'm ecstatic that it's being released to DVD. From what a friend told me, what we saw was only a portion of what the execs were thinking of doing with the show, considering how popular it became.

As it is, I missed a lot of the later seasons, so this is the beginning of good times all over again.

Villano

First Post
Alzrius said:
As it is, I missed a lot of the later seasons, so this is the beginning of good times all over again.

You can skip the final season, Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles. Word came down that the series was to be cancelled, so some of the creative people left. However, Disney decided to continue for one last season and hired new people who turned it into a real kiddy show.

Suddenly,
everyone knows the Gargoyles exist and Xanatos becomes a good guy.
It was terrible. It should have been called Gargoyles: The Care Bear Chronicles. :(

Chun-tzu

First Post
thatdarncat said:
From IMDB...

Credited cast:
Jonathan Frakes .... David Xanatos/Coyote 4.0 (voice)
Marina Sirtis .... Demona (aka Dominique Destine) (voice)
Michael Dorn .... Coldstone and Taurus (voice)
Kate Mulgrew .... Queen Titania/Anastasia Renard (voice)
Brent Spiner .... Puck (voice)
Colm Meaney .... Mr. Dugan (voice) ("The Hound of Ulster" Episode: #2.32 - 6 February 1996)
Avery Brooks .... Nokkar (voice) ("Sentinel" Episode: #2.39 - 19 February 1996)
LeVar Burton .... Anansi (voice) ("Mark of the Panther" Episode: #2.47 - 8 February 1996 )

John Rhys-Davies .... MacBeth (voice)
Tim Curry .... Dr. Anton Sevarius (voice)

You missed Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura), who voiced Elisa Maza's mother in one episode.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads