• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gargoyles, season 1 DVD release

fba827

Adventurer
Chun-tzu said:
You missed Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura), who voiced Elisa Maza's mother in one episode.

And the voice of Elisa herself was on one episode of Deep Space 9 (playing that dual role lady finella or something that was two people in one body and one of the two was a domocile wife and the other personality was in love with Sisko).

:)

FCWesel

First Post
Is this the original cut of the show or the edited down, disney-dumbed down version? The first time it aired irt was a GREAT show, but subsequent showings were edited beyond all imagining.

talinthas

First Post
holy crap! I've been waiting for this announcement since people started putting shows on DVD. It's a great day to be alive =)

fba827

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
Is this the original cut of the show or the edited down, disney-dumbed down version? The first time it aired irt was a GREAT show, but subsequent showings were edited beyond all imagining.

according to the product description on amazon.com, it's the original broadcast (unedited) episodes.

Bill Scott

First Post
KenM said:
Awhile back there was a rumor that Disney was going to do a live action Gargoyles movie. CGI gargoyles with the voices from the cartoon, Johnathan Frakes as Xanatos

Being a huge fan of the Gargoyles, this would be awesome. I would also like to see live action movies of Speed Racer and Jonny Quest:)

FCWesel

First Post
fba827 said:
according to the product description on amazon.com, it's the original broadcast (unedited) episodes.

Thanks, fba827. Then it's going on the list...the oh so ever growing list...::sigh::

Ranger REG

Explorer
Villano said:
You can skip the final season, Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles. Word came down that the series was to be cancelled, so some of the creative people left. However, Disney decided to continue for one last season and hired new people who turned it into a real kiddy show.

Suddenly,
everyone knows the Gargoyles exist and Xanatos becomes a good guy.
It was terrible. It should have been called Gargoyles: The Care Bear Chronicles. :(
Well, I'm torn between getting it and not giving Disney my money for ruining the series. It was a lot better when it aired in syndication.

Unfortunately, today's syndication market is not as strong as it was in the 90's.

frankthedm

First Post
Villano said:
You can skip the final season, Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles. Word came down that the series was to be cancelled, so some of the creative people left. However, Disney decided to continue for one last season and hired new people who turned it into a real kiddy show.

Suddenly,
everyone knows the Gargoyles exist and Xanatos becomes a good guy.
It was terrible. It should have been called Gargoyles: The Care Bear Chronicles. :(

so painfully true

fba827

Adventurer
Aside from "when" and I'm curious as to "how" they will release season 2- there were a LOT more episodes and can't imagine they'll do it all in one set... or maybe they will? Or maybe the split the season in half, one boxed set for the pre-"world tour" and one box set for the avalon-and-after set... dunno, just rambling curiosity.

Remove ads