• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Garlicnations, "Forgotten realms and the Planes"

garlicnation

First Post
Our adventururs find themselves in a fairly empty tavern on a dark rainy night in the large city. The barkeep seems frinedly and offers everyone a drink. You notice the doorknob feels sticky as you close the door on your way in, and the windows seem to let in more light than there is outside.

The barkeep says, after the last of you enters, "Are you here about that adventuring ad?"

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Shoon heads to the bar, glancing back at the door irritably as he tries to wipe whatever it was that had just gotten on his hand off on the wet side of his cloak. He takes a seat and drops his pack on the floor next to him and then his cloak on top of it. At the bartender's question, the monk frowns, "I don't look like a mercenary." he thinks, feeling slightly insulted. He turns to examine the other patrons in the tavern, deciding that the question must have been intented for them.

JDragon

Explorer
Fash scans the tap room as he enters, not noticing what ever was on the door due to his gloves. Not seeing anyone jumping out as being the person that posted the sign for adventutres, he asumes he's early and looks for a seat at the bar. He puts his bag in front of the bar stool, so it sits betweeen the stoll and the bar, and where he will be able to rest his feet on it. He sets a silve on the bar, "ale sir."

Once he has his drink he scans the room to see if he can determin who else may be here for the job.

garlicnation

First Post
Jdragon:
[sblock]
You rolled a natural 20 on your sense motive, and you guess that all the people in the room look to be here for the ad, and wondering what is going on.
[sblock]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Riliyana enters the tavern and pauses only briefly to glance at the others before sitting down at the bar. "I'll take an ale," she tells the bartender in a surprisingly deep and rough voice.

After receiving the mug and taking a long swig, she asks, "So what can ye tell me aboot this ad?"

Boombamela - Pixie

To see a flying pixie in a tavern is very rare and a strange sight, but there is one in this place.
Luckily for Boombamela, she have been in this place a couple of times, sitting on the table or the window's threshold when her master paid a visit to this place, the old wizard that passed away from old age a month ago was loved by all, he was a local herbalist and knew a lot of people around, this gloomy place was a place with good grog and quite enough to think, so the wizard came here once a month and she came with him.

Now she sits on top of the fire place, not far from the barkeep's counter, with her tiny grog mug, she looks around at the people that came in.
What new adventure? You never told me of an adventure?
She asks the barkeeper as he presents the question to the guy who just entered

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
Fash catches sight of the pixie as it asks about the work. Well at least I'm not the shortest one applying for the job.

He continues to drink his ale in silence seeing who else arrives to see about work.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Doing his best not to stare at the strange sight of the pixie sitting above the fireplace, Shoon orders a drink and decides to listen to the bartender's answer to the various questions about the ad in hopes of gaining an understanding of what it is about.

Ferrix

Explorer
Adjusting the broad-brimmed bowler hat, Hedwan opens the door to the tavern. With the "raven" perched atop the hat, it is quite a peculiar sight. Wearing a dark green shirt, a purple vest, a series of bejeweled rings, a matching dark green broad-brimmed bowler hat, and a pair of brown slacks, Hedwan shakes the hat, attempting to dislodge the bird.

"Will you get off my hat, I told you, sit on my shoulder or not at all." The raven ignored the protests and remained firm, this must be a sort that has gone on, and on, for some time.

Approaching the bar, Hedwan clambered up a stool to sit. "A goblet of fine wine for myself, the darkest swill for the bird."

Shayuri

First Post
The raven half-spread its wings and wobbled to keep its balance as Hedwan attempted to dislodge it, and emitted a cawp that sounded suspiciously like a laugh. When the gnome sat down at the bar, the bird fluttered down to stand atop the counter beside him and preened for a moment before saying a slightly gutteral voice, "I've told you before, your shoulders are too narrow! I'm not riding that close to that close to your head. I eat carrion, but even I can't breathe in what you breathe out. Phew!"

It flaps one wing at the bartender then and rasps, "Pay no attention to my steed, good man. A pint of ale for me! And...you wouldn't happen to have any eyeballs on hand would you?" Another rattling, wattlesome laugh.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads