Gary Gygax and ???...

janta

First Post
kolikeos said:
that is unforgivable! whoever made a cartoon show of D&D should burn for eternity in the abyss! (even if it's the creator of D&D himself)

No no, it was awesome! (in a horrible, teeth-grinding sort of way.) :) Actually, the only truly unforgiveable thing about it was the wretched Uni. A baby unicorn does not a worthwhile mascot make.

Far too much information about the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon

Ah, memories.... :D

--Janta

CarlZog

Explorer
janta said:
No no, it was awesome! (in a horrible, teeth-grinding sort of way.) :) Actually, the only truly unforgiveable thing about it was the wretched Uni. A baby unicorn does not a worthwhile mascot make.

Far too much information about the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon

Ah, memories.... :D
Oh, God help us all! Will this foul spawn of satan not stay dead?!

Gather 'round the campfire young people, and I'll tell you a tale of a time when evil cast its shadow over our land. When a good King was seduced by the darkest of powers and unleashed a littany of creatures to ravage his own kingdom....

Though hardly the worst of TSR's naked cash grabs in the early '80s, the cartoon was certainly the highest profile. Of course, this was a time when all cartoons had become barely veiled toy commercials!

Ugghh... I get shivers up my spine just thinking about those days. It was the beginning of a dark time for this hobby.

zog

Napftor

Explorer
*gathers his D&D dvds to his breast*

"Don't listen to them, my pets. You bring me much joy..."

I don't care if I'm the only one who loved it. This cartoon rocked and holds up well today despite its age. How can you watch the Yu-gi-oh/Pokemon/japanimation garbage they force-feed kids nowadays? Long live the 80s toons!

VirgilCaine

First Post
EricNoah said:
And don't forget Lt. Uhura as well in the same episode! Or their ultimate fate (every gamer's dream come true: an eternity with nothing to do but play D&D with Gary Gygax!)!

God, no. All due respect to the man, but I just don't like the attitudes that 1e presents to DMs as being too me vs. them IMHO.

Lord Foul

First Post
Napftor said:
*gathers his D&D dvds to his breast*

"Don't listen to them, my pets. You bring me much joy..."

I don't care if I'm the only one who loved it. This cartoon rocked and holds up well today despite its age. How can you watch the Yu-gi-oh/Pokemon/japanimation garbage they force-feed kids nowadays? Long live the 80s toons!

Your not the only one who loved it. When I was a kid there was nothing better than Saturday morning cartoons. Then the D&D cartoon came out and life got better.

My friends and I would get together on Saturday morning and watch cartoons until noon (including the D&D one) and then play D&D all afternoon.

Ah, good times. :)

Napftor

Explorer
Lord Foul said:
Your not the only one who loved it. When I was a kid there was nothing better than Saturday morning cartoons. Then the D&D cartoon came out and life got better.

My friends and I would get together on Saturday morning and watch cartoons until noon (including the D&D one) and then play D&D all afternoon.

Ah, good times. :)

Solidarity brother! :cool:

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
Darn tootin' ! D&D and Thundarr, while eating enough Coccoa Puffs to put you into a diabetic coma, good days.

Welverin

First Post
It was Anthology of Interest 1

DonaldRumsfeldsTofu said:
"Take my +5 mace!"

It was a +1 mace!

Oh, and they were members of the Vice Presidential Action Rangers.

VirgilCaine said:
God, no. All due respect to the man, but I just don't like the attitudes that 1e presents to DMs as being too me vs. them IMHO.

It's been about twenty years since Gary worked on 1st edition, why do you assume he has the same outlook on games as he did back then?

Remove ads