Gary Gygax health update

Tuzenbach

First Post
Mr. Gygax,

For starters, I've only been posting on these boards since this January and only found out eight minutes ago that you were a regular poster on them under the handle of "Colonel Pladoh".

Next, I'd like to tell you that you're one of my heros.

Thirdly, that rule in the 1E DMG about "creatures will aim for the head of any character not wearing a helmet" really s*cked @ss! LoL! My characters never opted for helmets, as they were mostly the "Erol Flynn-stereotype" personas. You just can't fly around rooms on chandeliers if your wearing a helmet, it doesn't work. ;~D

Lastly............GET WELL!!! You're the King!

SSquirrel

Explorer
Just figured I'd add my signature to the many wishing Gary well. Get better as quickly as you can. I'm sure that even many who don't use your materials still want to see you putting stuff out.

Hagen

WizarDru

Adventurer
Gary,
Best Wishes for a safe recovery. My father experienced a serious stroke in the fall of 2003, and while he has recovered, every day is another challenge. It sounds like you've got the most important things that one needs: people who care about you and an attitude to succeed. Loosing that weight and stopping smoking will do wonders, as I'm sure you know. We're all pulling for you.

One of the greatest things about the Internet is the level of communication, virtually unimagined 10 years ago. If not for the Internet, I wouldn't be able to thank you; for over 25 years of gaming, for educating me about history, language and social customs; for challenging me to learn and for making the learning worthwhile; for providing me with entertainment and a hobby that I have never stopped loving. Thanks for all of that. A part of me is still that 11 year-old kid, lying on the living room floor, reading the AD&D DMG with a dictionary nearby, so I could look up words like milieu, hauberk and logarithm. :)

Thanks Gary, and be well.

Dru (WizarDru) Albright

Last edited:

Remove ads