• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gygax Question

theodudek

First Post
This is random but.. does anyone know where Gary Gygax is buried? I went looking at "findagrave.com" and generally around google, but I couldn't turn up any information. I assume he's buried somewhere in Lake Geneva, but does anyone have more specific information?

Many thanks and I hope this question doesn't seem too odd! ^_^

Theroc

First Post
This is random but.. does anyone know where Gary Gygax is buried? I went looking at "findagrave.com" and generally around google, but I couldn't turn up any information. I assume he's buried somewhere in Lake Geneva, but does anyone have more specific information?

I believe this question is better suited in the General area than here... but I might be wrong.

Simon Atavax

First Post

I don't think it's odd at all. In fact, I would very much like to know the answer myself. Next summer ($$$ willing) I would like to visit Lake Geneva and pay my respects at his grave (assuming, of course, that it is Lake Geneva).

Anyway, whether this thread stays here or is bumped to General, I'd like to know the answer along with the OP.

FEADIN

Explorer
Interesting question.
I can see a horde of fanatic players (like me younger) crowding near his tomb to worship such a great hero.

Last edited:

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
I'll ask Gail next time I speak to her, but I believe Gary was cremated and not buried anywhere.

There's a project to get a statue or memorial to EGG placed in one of the parks in LG, and assuming all goes well with the approval and funding processes, that would probably be the best place to pay your respects.

Remove ads