• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gyxax vs Morrus Celebrity Burping, to benefit GenCon RPGA Judges!

Pielorinho said:
Hey, Kevin -- do you know where folks can sign up for RPGA right now? I've just been wandering all around WOTC's web site, and I can't find a working link to a signup place. The FAQ says you can sign up at any RPGA-approved event, but I'd kinda like to judge at DragonCon (an Atlanta-based con), and I won't be at any RPGA-event before then.
Anyone entering RPGA-event scoring packets can add a new member. I've got new membership cards and I'll be entering some packets tonight. If you want, I'll sign you up, email you your RPGA #, and mail you the temporary card. Email me if you're interested.

Kugar

First Post
I just signed up for four slots! Whohoo! This is my first time judging a RPGA event and I am even more stoked than ever to be going to GenCon!

qstor

Adventurer
Pielorinho - E-mail RPGA HQ and give them your address and ask for a rpga #. They can add you to the database. If you can wait until DragonCon they should have flyers with numbers there. I'm playing Living greyhawk and Living Force at DragonCon. I'll try and wear my ENworld shirt there. I'm not making it to GenCon this year.

Mike

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It would be unethical for me to change the thread title just to get more people to volunteer, wouldn't it? :D

If so, let's assume I'm doing it for revenge for Morrus' subtle little change earlier today. Ahem.

Anyways, if you can, go volunteer! That way I won't have humiliated Morrus in vain.

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
Piratecat said:
Anyways, if you can, go volunteer! That way I won't have humiliated Morrus in vain.
::chuckle::

I would, if I could, but I can't, so I won't, please forgive me if I don't.

A no-prize for the person who can tell me where that quote came from!

Urbanmech

Explorer
Well I signed up to run two games yesterday. My first time running RPGA events too. Nothing like jumping in head first...but I'm excited to be running.

Quick question: are all these slots d20 versions of the games, or would I have to learn the different versions of Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu.

Oi, I'd like to do this, but I'm not sure if my ride will provide transportation at 8 in the morning (the only time I'm free).

Pyske

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
Quick question: are all these slots d20 versions of the games, or would I have to learn the different versions of Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu.

Living Rokugan uses the 2nd edition system (d10 based, not d20 based). In the past, Call of Cthulu has used the BRP system; I suspect this is still the case. Looks like Living Force is d20-based, 'though.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I know the Call of Cthulhu event "Art for Art's Sake" (which is EXCELLENT, by the way) is the standard Chaosium system. Someone might be converting the module into d20 rules, but I have no idea whether that will actually be done. Play or run this bad boy if you can; it's one of the best I've seen.

nskarvan

First Post
kingpaul said:

::chuckle::

I would, if I could, but I can't, so I won't, please forgive me if I don't.

A no-prize for the person who can tell me where that quote came from!

It's a song from the Electric Company. I seem to recall the Inspector Clouseau type character sang it. Can't recall his name offhand, but I remember one of his other bits included singing "On the good ship Vacation" (pronounced Vay-kay-tie-on, because he didn't know what it meant).

Damn, I'm old....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads