• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D at GenCon 2024

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I'll definitely be attending many of these, lets see if the algorithm gods are with me on Sunday when the event lottery comes on line

Von Corellon

Adventurer
That's a massive presence. I feel as if they haven't had a GenCon appearance that large since the launch of 5e?
Totally, I can remember sessions and events like this all the way up to 5e - giving out those Tiamat hats. 4th edition presence was pretty epic with the reveal at GenCon and the Gleemax debacle lol. 3.5 was the big d20 dice-rolling prizewinning at the Wizards booth and I took home Dungeon Tiles for my Minis! Keith Baker signing his first Eberron books, wow!
Those seminars were always my favorite part, and I spent more time in halls listening than playing. I was disappointed when Wizards abandoned GenCon. Happy to see this!

Wish I could go this year, figures 🤷🏻‍♂️

Queer Venger

Totally, I can remember sessions and events like this all the way up to 5e - giving out those Tiamat hats. 4th edition presence was pretty epic with the reveal at GenCon and the Gleemax debacle lol. 3.5 was the big d20 dice-rolling prizewinning at the Wizards booth and I took home Dungeon Tiles for my Minis! Keith Baker signing his first Eberron books, wow!
Those seminars were always my favorite part, and I spent more time in halls listening than playing. I was disappointed when Wizards abandoned GenCon. Happy to see this!

Wish I could go this year, figures 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have that Tiamat hat, and the poster. I still remember the DJ rave tent dropping beats to displays of props for the Rise of Tiamat campaign books.

Queer Venger

ticket lottery didnt go so bad, I got in at 26K but it cycled fast, I was able to get 8 our of my top 15; just booked my flight from LA to Indy non-stop (paid a bit extra so I don't have to deal with stupid layovers).

Last time I was there was when 5e dropped (2014). Now Im back in time to join the 50th anniversary celebrations!!

Remove ads