WotC WotC Removes Release Dates From Promo Images For 2024

Official promo images replaced by images without release dates.

On Friday, WotC shared a bunch of images of 2024's D&D releases, which included release dates for each book.
The images were initially shared during a panel at PAX Unplugged, and were shortly after shared widely on the official D&D social media outlets.

However, a few hours later, all those images were removed from WotC's social media, and were later replaced by images without the release dates.

406472835_728869535942848_6745743928406323951_n.jpg

Additionally, the '2024 Core Rules' image was replaced with a caption saying '2024 Player's Handbook'.

It's not clear why they were removed, whether those release dates are incorrect, or if they simply weren't supposed to be shared yet. But since we shared those images too, we should note that it's possible the dates we shared might not be set in stone. More info if and when we have it!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
WotC pulls release dated images shared during PAX Unplugged.

Wizards of the coast has pulled all social media they are in charge of that shared images with release dates. Weather that means the release dates were wrong or just not supposed to be shared is unclear.
It was 21 May 2024.

Which is really, really close for any kind of actual feedback beyond late February or so.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It was 21 May 2024.

Which is really, really close for any kind of actual feedback beyond late February or so.
Well, they just released packet 8 for the PHB, and...I don't see them releasing another one. I don't think they'll be looking for any morePHB feedback by the end of year, so the timing seems right.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wouldn't be surprised if it were the actual date for the Vecna adventure, and it possibly was just accidentally placed on other things. They didn't fully proofread everything, as the "Adventurers" typo in the presentation that they all joked about shows...
No, the dates sounded about right. I think they just didn't mean to commit yet.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
If so, it was a major miscommunication on multiple levels. They didn't just put the slide up at the panel, they tweeted it out and linked the tweet on the official Discord.
This is not a major miscommunication. Getting dates wrong happens all the time, from lots of businesses.
Heck, the 'wrong' date is shared with 100 million dollar movies at least once a week

Remove ads

Remove ads