D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming 2024

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it! Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it!

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

Thanks for explaining what I already know, again,
My apologies, but it wasn’t clear from your response that you knew these things. I can’t read your mind.
I never claimed them to be functional same or even similar. But it is not a coincidence that wotc publish multiverse related content right now, its thanks to Marvels grip on pop culture. Marketing doesnt care that D&D multiverse means something different, slap it on the ads and it will sell better, because it’s the current craze.
Maybe, but from my perspective they have been publish D&D multiverse products for many years, heck it is in the 2014 DMG

Retros_x

Explorer
My apologies, but it wasn’t clear from your response that you knew these things. I can’t read your mind.

Maybe, but from my perspective they have been publish D&D multiverse products for many years, heck it is in the 2014 DMG
I just stated that I never said they are the same and you felt the need to double-down on why they are not the same. Sorry if I was too harsh in my response, but these kind of stuff just annoys me in discussions.
To the second point: Publishing something where the multiverse or for that matters any kind of extra-/multi dimensional setting is kinda part of it is not the same as putting it at one of the focal points in theme, content and marketing. IMO this only really started with Radiant Citadel and is now quite prevalent (Monster of the Multiverse, Planescape, Vecna) which is of course not a coincidence as I already stated.
I mean, they are great play aids, in my experience.
Depends on what you looking for I guess. This is completely leaving the og discussion, but most 5e adventures in recent years are IMO badly designed and structured (railroad, weak hooks, plot inconsistencies etc.) and not very easy to use (bad layout, too much prose, badly written boxed texts, important information spread all over the place etc.). The only ones I did not regret buying were the anthologies (candlekeep mysteries, radiant citadel and golden vault) because they had some gems in it and short adventures seem to suit wotc much better than long campaigns, they feel always really weirdly paced and structured (because differerent authors write on different chapters and there is no elaborated process to bring it all together in a coherent way I guess)

Which isn't to say they haven't flirted with alternate primes. Tasha's included a spell specifically for crossing over to alternate primes, for instance.
Sure, it has been a thing in D&D as well for a long time (1e). However, IME when D&D says “multiverse” it talks about the multiple planes of reality of the standard D&D cosmos. We will see how this adventure handles it to see if that remains the case
I just stated that I never said they are the same and you felt the need to double-down on why they are not the same. Sorry if I was too harsh in my response, but these kind of stuff just annoys me in discussions.
And I am annoyed when people are not clear. Saying you never said the are the same does not clarify that you understand the difference.

I just chose to be more polite in my previous responses than you.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
The Roll for Crit Folks claim the WotC folks have the Vecna proofs and that the release dates are not only real and that they put them up as a marketing stunt.

I’m skeptical about his conclusions but I do believe him when he said a WotC person was looking at Vecna galleys.

Remove ads

Remove ads