• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming 2024

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it! Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it!

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Its not a judgement, its a foreboding, based on the description and general contemporary adventure design. I mean I will be the first who will celebrate if its actually a good adventure, but doesn't "multiverse spanning adventure [...] features cameos from famous D&D characters." sound like railroad full of fanservice and "marvelism" to you?
No, it sounds like a framework in which the designers can hang a bunch of smaller modules. Same as other modern books.

Of course a book built around the Infinite Staircase is going to be framed as "multiverse spanning" - it's one of the major planar causeways like Yggdrasil the World Ash, connecting to places of artistic expression pretty much anywhere.

EDIT: And now I realize I'm in the thread for the Vecna book, not the Infinite Staircase one... Somewhat changes things, but even so, adventures involving Vecna have canonically jumped from Greyhawk to Ravenloft to Planescape in the past, so he's never really been a "one setting" kind of villain.

Last edited:

Its not a judgement, its a foreboding, based on the description and general contemporary adventure design. I mean I will be the first who will celebrate if its actually a good adventure, but doesn't "multiverse spanning adventure [...] features cameos from famous D&D characters." sound like railroad full of fanservice and "marvelism" to you?
Marvel multiverse = / = D&D multiverse. They are very different things (at least traditionally). D&D multiverse I am 100% in, Marvel version not so much

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Marvel multiverse = / = D&D multiverse. They are very different things (at least traditionally). D&D multiverse I am 100% in, Marvel version not so much
Yeah, the modern pop culture version of the multiverse (which, I think, is probably more true to the physics use of the word, although still not very) is a very different kettle of fish than the D&D multiverse. So much so that, if I were WotC, I'd consider using a different word.

That said, if we want to have a D&D plane where everyone has hotdog fingers, I am fully on board.

Retros_x

Explorer
Personally I have way to little information about the adventure to make any judgement.
Again, its not a judgement, just what these first description sound like makes me a bit anxious.

Why that equation? I never claimed them to be equal. But thanks to Marvel, multiverses are quite big in popculture right now, so D&D has to bring in their own. I personally don't have any interest in multiverses of any kind so its another negative point for me.

Remove ads

Remove ads