D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming 2024

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it! Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it!

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Roll for Crit Folks claim the WotC folks have the Vecna proofs and that the release dates are not only real and that they put them up as a marketing stunt.

I’m skeptical about his conclusions but I do believe him when he said a WotC person was looking at Vecna galleys.

I believe Stphen is right that the dates are real targets, but I also think Mark is right thst the dates being revealed and pulled was a miscommunication and not a complex marketing ploy. Glicker seems somewhat inclined to belive there is intentionality where the results are more readily explained by errors and people not song eye to eye in a corporate setting. like, maybe somebody had authorized releasing the date at a meeting last month, but they had changed their minds later and aomevody missed a memo.

michaeljpastor

Adventurer
Because D&D has always had a multiverse (since 1e), but the D&D multiverse is about multiple planes of reality (Prime, Inner, Outer, etc.) not alternate realities (earth 56, etc.). So a D&D multiverse adventure is essentially a planescape adventure, not a marvel or dc alternate reality hopping affair
from what I've heard of Turn of Fortunes Wheel, it's crossed the thematic line from cosmology to parralelism (everything. everywhere, all at once/loki)

from what I've heard of Turn of Fortunes Wheel, it's crossed the thematic line from cosmology to parralelism (everything. everywhere, all at once/loki)
Possibly, I have it but haven’t dug into it. Of course, D&D has also had parallelism since at least 1e as well (but usually just regarding the Prime Material IIRC)

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
Not narrarively, but gaming wise it's a free resurrection ticket.
IIRC it's effectively no different than "my character died. I'll make a new one quickly and the DM will introduce them at the next opportune moment." The only difference is that these characters are (eventually) made before most deaths, and share an aesthetic theme.

It's not like the adventure actually makes use of your characters' ability to die and "sort of" continue (a la PS: Torment), only to have a hyper-leveled version of a character later on.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
IIRC it's effectively no different than "my character died. I'll make a new one quickly and the DM will introduce them at the next opportune moment." The only difference is that these characters are (eventually) made before most deaths, and share an aesthetic theme.

It's not like the adventure actually makes use of your characters' ability to die and "sort of" continue (a la PS: Torment), only to have a hyper-leveled version of a character later on.
True, but it is still the Advebture tying into that sense of Multiverse.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
The Roll for Crit Folks claim the WotC folks have the Vecna proofs and that the release dates are not only real and that they put them up as a marketing stunt.

I’m skeptical about his conclusions but I do believe him when he said a WotC person was looking at Vecna galleys.

yep, I believe Vecna and PHB are already at press and will launch May 21, (barring another Deck of Many things mishap).

Also happy that we get not one, but two Vecna mini's coming with the 50th anniversary set

Remove ads

Remove ads