WotC D&D at PAX Unplugged Next Week

Panels, adventures, and hints about the future of D&D!

Unknown.jpeg

Pax Unplugged 2024 is approaching (December 1st-3rd) in Philadelphia, USA, and WotC will be there with various D&D events.

The 50 years of D&D Adventures panel will feature Jeremy Crawford, Amanda Hamon, Chris Perkins, and James Wyatt, who will be talking about D&D adventures of the past and what's coming next year. The panel will be streamed live, so you can view it on the D&D YouTube channel.

There will be various D&D game run by WotC's long-time partner Baldman Games, including the premier of the "special convention-exclusive Planescape mega-event" Powers in Pieces and updated versions of Tomb of Horrors and The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan to celebrate the 50th anniversary early.

There's also hints of "more glimpses of the future of D&D" in the D&D play area.

There are also unconfirmed rumours that the 3d VTT will be available to try.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
These both had pandemic shipping delays, IIRC
Yes, I believe so.

Aside from that, they have released a new fully available Q1 product every year since 2020 (Wildemoint, Caalbdlekeep, Netherdeep, and Golden Vault), so a Q1 2024 release (other than the delayed Deck product) is likely.

Q1 1974 is when D&D first dropped, so that's a good timeframe for a nostalgia anniversary project.

Chris Perkins laid down some hints at a classic Adventure reprint anthology at Gameholecon, as @darjr recorded.

And the topic of the panel here they are broadcasting on social media is nostalgia for classic Adventures, with a panel of the folks who led the last couple anthologies....

The stars are right...

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
The blurb on the video says.

Dungeons & Dragons is almost 50! Celebrate with D&D game designers as they discuss their favorite adventures of all time and get a glimpse of what's in store next year. Maybe you'll even find a new favorite adventure to play or DM? If you love D&D adventures you won't want to miss this one!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The blurb on the video says.

Dungeons & Dragons is almost 50! Celebrate with D&D game designers as they discuss their favorite adventures of all time and get a glimpse of what's in store next year. Maybe you'll even find a new favorite adventure to play or DM? If you love D&D adventures you won't want to miss this one!
Honestly just hearing their review of historical Adventures is pretty interesting to me.

darjr

I crit!
I think this was the video I got a notification on this morning. It was 5 seconds. Now it is private. Did they schedule it wrong?
Me too. I think someone accidentally turned on the broadcast during setup. It was interesting to see how large the stage was and the venue they are at. Much bigger than I guessed.

It's a shame that all those signed up alerts are now in the trash, cause it looks like they deleted the video. If another goes up I'll post it here.

Remove ads

Remove ads