• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gas Prices in Indy

Bagpuss said:
Oh please! Thought this board had a no politics rule.

I fail to see how, by any reasonable definition, this thread could be called "political."

SK posted a link with information--information which, as someone who is driving to GenCon, I personally find quite useful.

Yes, gas prices are a subject that can be politicized, but I see no sign of that in this thread. Let's not overreact.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Yeah, Indie is usually about a dime or so behind Chicago and it's suburbs, which range from $2.75 in the burbs to $2.99 in the city.

Bagpuss

Legend
Mouseferatu said:
I fail to see how, by any reasonable definition, this thread could be called "political."

"Gas prices suck" is a political statement. Indeed the original post was not, but the second one was. It may not be the most well reasoned or debated political statement, but it still is one, and these threads always decend into a comparison about gas prices across the globe then about why the US has it so cheap (even now), fuel economy, public transport, etc.

As show the post directly after yours.

reveal

Adventurer
Bagpuss said:
"Gas prices suck" is a political statement. Indeed the original post was not, but the second one was. It may not be the most well reasoned or debated political statement, but it still is one, and these threads always decend into a comparison about gas prices across the globe then about why the US has it so cheap (even now), fuel economy, public transport, etc.

As show the post directly after yours.

"Gas prices suck!" is simply a statement of opinion. "I hate tacos!" runs along the same lines. I think you're reading way too much into this. :\ (Unless you think I'm being too political with my statement regarding my feelings on tacos, in which I apologize to all peoples and countries that make and/or consume tacos)

And this hasn't decended into a "gas prices are so much better in America" thread. It's a "I can get gas for X amount here as opposed to X amount here."

Lighten up, man. ;)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Bagpuss said:
"Gas prices suck" is a political statement.

Bagpuss, you know I love you. But you are mistaken. "Gas prices suck" is no more political than "steak prices suck" or "cabernet prices suck." It could certainly devolve into a political disucssion, but so far it hasn't, and i'm confident it won't.:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads