• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gate, Shapechange and Disjuction

noeuphoria

First Post
If it just suppresses items, it'll get used in every battle. If I know I am guaranteed not to destroy any precious loots, as a wizard, I'd always be packing it. It's like an unstoppable area effect dispel that gets everything.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
How about these changes:
1. Gate does not have a summoning and controlling aspect. It is just for transport. You can still go "I want a gate to a balor", but the balor is not compelled to enter, and you can step through the gate to him.

If you want to get some sudden combat support, then that's what summon monster IX is for. If you want a loyal servant for some task, use the planar ally chain.

2. Shapechange has a duration of 1 round per level. This effectively makes it a solution for a single encounter or obstacle. If you want a long-lasting disguise, there are spells to cover that.

3. Disjunction has a full round casting time. It's still a great, powerful spell, but it's not going to be a "oh, and now I'm losing the fight, so I may as well screw my enemy over".

Remove ads