• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gauging interest in a homebrew "new world" campaign

Masquerade

First Post
Consider me interested! I'm hoping to run a human-centric "points of light" game before 4e comes around as well, and I would love the opportunity to play in one also.

Zurai

First Post
All right, it seems there's plenty of interest. Let me whip up an overview and a house rules document and I'll get the ball rolling on recruitment. Feel free to continue posting questions in this thread as well.

Zurai

First Post
Masquerade said:
Would the marshal, as the precursor to 4e's warlord, be one of the available classes?

Like I said, I havn't fully decided on classes. With the caveat that I reserve the right to say no at a later date, at the moment I don't see a reason to disclude Marshals.

Zurai

First Post
Warlocks will be a "no" for level 1 in the first generation, but "yes" overall. There are warlocks in the world, just not in Cuirlen. You might meet up with some, though, and at that point you'd be able to take warlock levels if you studied with them and the class would be available to characters in the next generation.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm! I always saw warlocks as being more inborn than studied, but fair nuff.

Sorcerors?

Edit - or, to save time, is there a list of what you'll be approving? :)

Zurai

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hmm! I always saw warlocks as being more inborn than studied, but fair nuff.

They generally are, but there are exceptions in this world ;) And Cuirlen hasn't been established long enough for any ancestors to have summoned demons or consorted with fey and have the magic pass down into their blood.

Edit - or, to save time, is there a list of what you'll be approving? :)

There is (or will be, anyhow), and it'll be in the recruitment post I'm in the process of writing. Sorcerors would be fine, although they'd be flavored to just have a natural affinity for magic rather than having any special ancestry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads