• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gauging interest in a homebrew "new world" campaign

Zurai

First Post
Because it's looking like it'll be a while before I can complete the recruitment post, here's my initial draft of allowed 1st-level character classes:

Adept
Barbarian
Bard
Commoner
Expert
Fighter
Marshal
Paladin (greatly altered)
Ranger
Rogue
Scout
Sorceror
Spirit Shaman
Warrior
Wizard

Redclaw

First Post
This sounds like a great idea, and since I've been sort of working on a similar mechanic for a 4E campaign, I'd love to play and see how this works. I love the idea of gaining new information as the adventure goes along. It will make those feats or prestige classes that much more exciting.
So, if you'll have me, I'd love to join up.

James Heard

Explorer
I might be interested, so I'm posting here to subscribe and give a heads up but I've got very few clues as to what exactly I'd do with that abbreviated list of classes. Maybe a ranger or a bard? Hrm. Looking forward to your docs to look at.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Looking at your class list, has got me interested. Sprit shaman is intriguing, but their class abilities are so narrow, it would be hard to find a good use for them...but you probably included them for a reason. Barbarian pops out to me as well.

Zurai

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Sprit shaman is intriguing, but their class abilities are so narrow, it would be hard to find a good use for them...but you probably included them for a reason.

Yes indeed, there's a specific reason for it :D Most (~60%, or ~30 actual people) of the spellcasters in the town of Cuirlen and its surrounding area are Spirit Shamans. There's more detail in the Religion section of the setting document, which I'm still slaving away at. I hope to have the recruitment post up tonight.

Zurai

First Post
Recruitment post is here. I'm fairly certain I've forgotten something, but any further questions should be posted there instead of here.

Remove ads