• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gauging Interest: Return to Keep on the Borderlands

WarShrike

First Post
mfrench said:
For the halfling thrower, do you have your heart set on rogue?

The thrower would be a fighter most likely. Ranger would work as well. Heck, might even work with a barbarian.

Last edited:

mfrench

First Post
Only: dwarf druid
Lesser: human rogue (I don't even know what a factotum is, unless we start in Sigil)
Max: human or half-orc barbarian
Arkhandus: human spec. wizard

Which leaves
Reveille: martial rogue or ranger
WarShrike: halfling thrower; either fighter, ranger, or barbarian

It would be my preference for (at least) one of you to be a ranger at 1st level. I expect 2nd level to be here fast enough that you can comfortably multi-class fairly rapidly.

Also, keep in mind that this would culminate around 6th level, so don't go off dreaming about finishing PrC's just yet. (My friends and I have a tendancy to do this from level one)

That looks pretty good. I think it is shaping up that I will be able to run this. I'll let you know for sure this weekend, and I'll start up a recruiting/OOC thread. I plan on this game to hit the ground running with very little in way of introduction, and get right into the fun stuff.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
mfrench said:
Which leaves
Reveille: martial rogue or ranger
Actually, wht I meant is starting as a martial rogue and then evenly alteranting between it and the ranger class (lvl 1 M. Rogue, lvl 2 Ranger, lvl 3 M. Rogue, lvl 4 Ranger, etc..)

Max

First Post
mfrench said:
I think it is shaping up that I will be able to run this. I'll let you know for sure this weekend, and I'll start up a recruiting/OOC thread. I plan on this game to hit the ground running with very little in way of introduction, and get right into the fun stuff.

I know you said you'd figure out if you want to run the game this weekend, however given you said it is looking good I have one suggestion. Can you give us an idea how you want us to generate ability scores (i.e. point buy or roll)? Given that info, I think the players could start roughing out characters which would mean we'd be ready to hit the ground running when you are. Since you're going core rules, once we know the ability score parameters the rest is easy.

Max

Arkhandus

First Post
Just for reference: Factotum in 3E is a base class in Cityscape, which is like a much more flexible rogue type, I think.

Also: I've decided on a Human enchanter wizard.

LesserSky

First Post
Close enough, Factotum is found in Dungeonscape. Its most obvious and defining feature is that it has a base 10 skill points per level. Of course, mfrench, since you don't have the source, i'll not push the issue. My character concept has been based on the rogue since the start.

mfrench

First Post
Max said:
I know you said you'd figure out if you want to run the game this weekend, however given you said it is looking good I have one suggestion. Can you give us an idea how you want us to generate ability scores (i.e. point buy or roll)? Given that info, I think the players could start roughing out characters which would mean we'd be ready to hit the ground running when you are. Since you're going core rules, once we know the ability score parameters the rest is easy.

Max
A fine suggestion. Here are the character creation guidlines:
  • Roll the standard 4d6 on Invisible Castle; for the name column put your screen name and then 'RtKotB'; so 'Max RtKotB', 'OnlytheStrong RtKotB', etc.
  • Use max gp for your class. You can also purchase scrolls and potions that you can afford.
  • Take an extra feat at first level. For feats outside the SRD, drop a line first unless you already did.
  • For char sheets, try to use the template found on this post or one similar to it for the sake of standardization.
  • Spin around three times and touch your toes.
I'll bet I missed something, just ask if there are questions.

Remove ads