• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gavel Kreed and the lumber consortium

Bolcien

First Post
Alright in my campaign we are stationed in falcons hollow we've built up a nice base of operations where the halfway house use to be from the D0 or D1 kobold king adventures. The party consists of all lvl 9:

Ranger/rogue (and ranger companion)
Soulknife (psionic warrior)
psionic spell slinger
Wizard (evoker with illusion and necro as opposing schools)
cleric (healing and fire domains)

When we face Kreed we'll be lvl 10. Now we are finaly fed up with Gavel Kreed and he is fed up with us (something about taxes on the land). So when we are out adventuring he 'forcloses' on our base of ops and has a few goons from the consortium with him (4 lvl 10s, 2 spell slingers and 2 fighters) and I read that kreed is an expert 3/rogue 4 which is lvl 7... so I decied to turn him into a lvl 11 and make him an expert 3/rogue 8 and here is what I have for him.

View attachment 51644
That's the char sheet I've done on him Rolled for health and did a 2d6+12 for stats. He puts his human bonus into skills instead of health considering he has no int modifier and favored class is rogue and puts that into his health. I gave him armour to combat the biggest threats being the wizard and clerics Fireballs in tandem.

Anything I should do with him? change him some? is he too under geared? should I pump the bracers up to greater energy resistance for fire?

Bolcien

First Post
ok so the attachment didn't work.... so here's the stats.
HP: 85
STR: 16
dex: 17
con: 16
Int: 10
wis: 14
Cha: 14

Armour: +3 adamantine breastplate of spell resistance 19
Bracers of energy resistance improved (fire)

weapon: +1 Rapier, Keen and Icyburst on it

feats and rogue abilities:
Finesse Rogue (weapon finesse, dex to attack rolls)
Weapon training (weapon focus: Rapier) +1 attk roll
Bleeding Attack (4 bleed/rnd on sneak attack)
Fast stealth (full speed w/o penalty)
Improved initative (feat 1)
Intimidating prowess (human feat)
weapon focus (Rapier) (feat 2)
Dazzeling display(feat3)DC=10+target lvl+wis mod
Shatter Defences(feat4)shaken are flatfooted
Power attack (feat 5) (-2AC, +4 dmg)
Cleave (feat 6)

Nebten

First Post
Finesse Rogue is a waste of a feat since he has a Str of 16 anyways. I would recommend choosing different rogue trait.

Weapon training rogue trait and weapon focus don't stack as they are the same feat, so one of those needs to be changed.

I would give him an axe or a pole arm since he's the leader of a lumber consortium. If he's going to have power attack, might as well have some meat behind that swing. Also, it would be -2 to Hit not -2 to AC like you have listed above.

I would also give him mithral breastplate instead of adamantine. If he's a rogue, he's gonna want light weight material so he can move quickly and a low armor check penality.

I would ditch the bracers and give him a cloak of resistance +x since he'll have evasion as backup if a spells goes through his SR or even a cloak of blur so that he can hide within the blurring effect.

Last edited:

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Rogues aren't proficient in breastplate by default, so you'd have to take a feat for Armor Proficiency (medium)- I'd suggest dropping it down to a chain shirt (remember in PF even with a mithral brestplate you take the Armor check penalties to attack rolls if you're not proficient in the armor). I'm assuming you're intending to make Kreed a boss so he'd have more wealth than usual (PC level wealth gives an NPC +1 CR). You're packing about 150,000 gp worth of stuff there, which is a little under twice about what a player character of that level should have, so I'd think that's probably way too much (especially for just a lumber baron). I agree, dropping the bracers and giving him a cloak of resistance +x would be helpful. You may consider using some limited use items (such as potions) or even scrolls or wands if your Gavel Kreed has Use Magic Device in order to cut down some of those costs.

I'd also suggest giving Kreed some backup if possible. If Boss Teedum or Kabran Bloodeye have survived, or just some other of the Consortium's goons, they could be helpful in letting Kreed flank if he has to get into combat. Kreed always seemed to me to be the type to hide behind flunkies if he could at all help it anywho.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I'd stick with the rapier as there is nothing in my memory that described him as having been a lumberjack himself, it's more likely he inherited the operation or tricked himself into being the boss.

I agree that he would likely hide behind everyone else first. It is more likely that he had Teedum handle the matter (who would need better stats in this case) and watch from somewhere close by.

Remove ads