Gay PCs or NPCs

Gold Roger

First Post
So far I've seen one lesbian charakter (played by a female) and I think at least one bisexual. We always had sexuality in our games, but it mostly was a background thing. My current favorite NPC is a lesbian mercenary, but it isn't a really important feature.
I think as long as handled in a mature way it enhances the game. It's just like defining other parts of a NPC's personality and just like the whole palett of moods should be represented in NPC's, so should be sexuality.

Edit: Just remembered, I've playeda changeling wizard PC once who could be described as slightly bisexual. He defined himself as man mostly, but changed forms constantly (we're talking minutes sometimes). He had a large garderobe and liked to change into beautiful females and just walk around in fine dresses. He enjoyed the looks he got for it, because he considered forming a beautiful form artful craftmanship. He also was very pragmatic, so, if the need of a beautifull female or even male had arisen to step in and "convince" someone, he wouldn't have hasitated.

Last edited:

Torm

Explorer
I played a female Noble in a Star Wars campaign that was a lesbian, but was actively allowing herself to be courted by a male noble for a situation that would be beneficial to her world. Sex never featured in the game for my character (the female robot assassin being played by another player is another story altogether :confused: ) but it was an interesting romance/intrigue aspect of the game.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Sex isn't something that happens on screen, but PCs & NPCs are assumed to have sex off camera (just like they go to the bathroom off camera). However, romance can happen -- PCs can get favors from NPCs, and can piss them off by seeming to lead them on. Romance is such a huge plot-driver in fiction, it's kinda sad that it's so severely limited in RPGs.

So far there have been two gay PCs (played by gay players) in my campaign, and they have caused no trouble in game at all.

-- N

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Well, the Pharaoh of a desert land IMC is a lesbian woman pretending to be a man and really in love with her consort, who is finally pregnant (from the pharaoh) thanks to some inventive PCs.
As for gay PCs, there weren't any (I think).

CronoDekar

First Post
The only encounter with a homosexual character I can think of was a game with a one-session comically flamboyantly gay villain (interestingly enough, the DM was gay herself). Otherwise, it never really came up.

SBMC

First Post
This came up one time in our group a long time ago where the DM stated an NPC liked men; and it was for a back story of why some folks, ridiculed, laughed and giggled at him – causing the guy and anyone who talked to him a lot of embarrassment and such – but we needed to talk to the guy for info. So I guess this is like that previous poster on page 1 who said his world represents the “1950’s”.

We are all mature (anywhere from 28 – 34 at that time) and no one (in or out of character) even paid it any merit/attention/cared except for one fella that we all sort of new would (but it was just an “ewww” kind of thing – and that was in and out of character - for other reasons he is no longer with us anyways). Other than that we never had a gay PC or NPC (at least that we knew about).

Other sexuality; my character is a straight male fighter who can never get enough; at every town he goes for the whorehouse as quick as he can (or better yet a freebie from a local). The details never get stated except him wanting 4 women or whatever. Normally a number of jokes are made (half of them lewd per se’ - we are all guys) and we all laugh and such – and at times he has needed a “cure disease” spell cast the next morning. It is really light humor without any of the up close details of the actual act(s). It is part of my character that makes him what he is.

On one occasion the barmaid he took upstairs ended up being a succubus – that was VERY humorous!

GQuail

Explorer
Jonny Nexus said:
White Wolf's Aberrant Superviser's Screen included a scenario which prominently featured a gay NPC.

When I ran it, my players maimed his boyfriend.

That's a personal favourite out of all the Critical Miss stories. We've all, at some point, played in a game that has nosedived, even if not quite like that. ;-)

Pinotage

Explorer
I've had a gay PC in one of the games I ran. Didn't make any real difference to the game as such. I have also had loads of romance, but never gone down the sex route as such as either a DM or player character. Whatever makes for interesting and fun roleplaying is always a good idea.

Pinotage

Odhanan

Adventurer
I run games with 5 female and 1 male players.

Within this group, only the female players seem to fancy bisexual characters. That is, I have one female player playing a bisexual female character and using it in roleplay. I know another two other female characters are bisexual, but only one of them made allusions about it in game.

Plus, I have a margravate of witches in my homebrew setting, and these witches (think about Rashemen and you're real close) practice lesbianism as a way for pleasure, while using the men of the clan for mating purposes.

So I guess for me that's a big yes. And really, I don't think this has anything to do with a supposed "maturity" of the game at my table. At other tables, I'm sure some can show off like this, but my players aren't "that" kind of players.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Once in shadowrun one of my friends played a bisexual character. Really weird character. Didn't last too long pretty sure he got fragged four or five sessions later right after another PC deckers head exploded after fighting a black IC. Of course my character being a tough as nails minotuar (troll metavariant) shaman escaped.
Other than that I can't think of anything.

Remove ads