• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaymers Gathering

Sidereal Knight

First Post
TrumpetDC said:
I went ahead and registered last night! I look forward to seeing you all there.

Also, I'm really hoping I can get into some Mutants and Masterminds games. :)

Great! I look forward to meeting you.

Re: games. A lot of the GenCon-sanctioned games are already sold out, but you may be able to use Generic tickets on-site to get into a game.

However, you may have more luck with some of the games listed here. Using last year as an example, the calibre of game and player was much higher in ENWorld games.

Sidereal Knight

First Post
TrumpetDC said:
Can I reference this link/event on rpg.net (my more typical haunt)

Feel free!

Final details will be available on the Gaymers group around the end of July, at which time I will need to get a count for the reservation.

Seanaci

First Post
Sidereal Knight said:
Yes, straight allies are welcome to attend.

We usually try to get a rough count of attendees early so we can make reservations at a restaurant. Due to the potential for harrassment, we do not publicly post the meeting place or restaurant. For additional information, you can join the Yahoo! group listed in my initial post or email me at:

sidereal_knight@hotmail.com

In regards to the bolded, that's really saddening to me. *sighs* But such is the world we live in.

I'd attend, but I have no idea what we're doing on Thursday night yet.

Sidereal Knight

First Post
Seanaci said:
In regards to the bolded, that's really saddening to me. *sighs* But such is the world we live in.

I'd attend, but I have no idea what we're doing on Thursday night yet.

Well, please keep it in mind and let me know if you folks want to attend. We'd love to have you join us. :)

Sidereal Knight

First Post
We're almost a month away from this year's GenCon, and I would like to solidify the plans for this year's Gathering.

The current plans are to meet for dinner on Thursday, August 10th at 6:15pm. We will meet at the convention center and walk to the restaurant as a group.

I would like to make reservations during the last week in July, so I will need a general count by Wednesday, July 26. Please let me know if you will be joining us this year.

You can contact me directly at:

sidereal_knight-at-hotmail-dot-com

or through the Gaymer's Group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gaymers

Veander

First Post
I'm only curious where in the world you guys got those Gay-mers "+5 Fabulousness" pink t-shirts. There were a couple Gaymers walking around with them at the Con and I'm guessing they were affiliated, though I could be wrong.

Sidereal Knight

First Post
Veander said:
I'm only curious where in the world you guys got those Gay-mers "+5 Fabulousness" pink t-shirts. There were a couple Gaymers walking around with them at the Con and I'm guessing they were affiliated, though I could be wrong.
There are 8 or 10 folks from a group in Chicago. They come to GenCon every year, and always have a great shirt produced for the occasion. Although some of them do come to dinner with the Yahoo! Gaymers, it's actually a separate organization.

Those shirts are quite fabulous, though. :)

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Sidereal Knight said:
There are 8 or 10 folks from a group in Chicago. They come to GenCon every year, and always have a great shirt produced for the occasion. Although some of them do come to dinner with the Yahoo! Gaymers, it's actually a separate organization.

Those shirts are quite fabulous, though. :)

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the Chicago Gaymers, I'd be quite happy. They dropped by the ENnies after-party and I bought a shirt off them, and am now the envy of friends and peers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads