• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GE] A Game Of Elves, ElfQuest d20, OOC

redstrm

First Post
I was looking at the Beast Rider class:

I agree with Capellen that the Animal Bond should come every even level.

Mount advancement as per Paladin is excellent.

I'm not to sure about Treat as Equal and Recognition. I don't remember it working that way (I thought that Timmorn was just prolific), but I would have to go back and read the books to be sure...

Here are some of my suggestions:

Mounted Combat and Empathic Link (as per Paladin) should be free feats at first level.
This way you are free to choose any of the mounted feats for your character feat.

AC bonus while riding (similar to Halfling Outrider in Sword and Fist) advancing at the same rate as the mount advancement.

Mount Friendship (possibly at 7th level)( as per Windrider in Masters of the Wild): gain a +4 competance bonus on all diplomacy and handle animal checks with animal of the same type as riders mount.
[Cutter befriending the wild wolf after Nightrunner died]

Leap from Saddle (possibly at 10th level)(as per Halfling Outrider)

All of this makes for a very powerful class but I'm not sure how to curtail it... A level adjustment would do it, but that makes it impossible to become one as a starting character... Just not sure.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Regarding Sending...

Basic sending (like all the Wolf-riders can do), was assumed to be a standard ability for most elves (Sun Villagers excepted; they would have to take a feat.) I don't consider it part of the magic system exactly, because I don't think it should incur a subdual penalty (it seems as natural as speaking to those who can do it.)

In practice, there are two kinds of sends: Open sends and closed sends. Open sends are heard by anyone within a certain distance, closed sends are heard only by specified targets (although Senders, at higher levels, have the ability to break this up.)

Off the top of my head, I'd say distance for normal sending would be 100 feet, +/- 20 feet per point of charisma modifier. (For instance, a Cha 6 Wolf-Rider would have a send range of 60 feet, while a Cha 20 character would be able to send out to 200 feet.)

The "Sender" class was for elves with more focused sending-related abilities than normal (ie Suntop)... The name is a source of some confusion, so maybe it should be changed (telepath?). Assume that the Sending feat comes free at first level for the appropriate elves (considering I don't own the books, I can't check up on which, but I think it's the Wolf-Riders and Go-Backs... Could the average bird-rider send?)

BTW, that character sheet looks awesome. :)

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
I'll change the document (The beastrider, archer and Barbarian class (what doe sDervish mean?) Tonight, according to the feedback I've gotten.

About the equipment:

There is no problem if the campaign plays a couple of hundred years after the fall of the citadell, this will explain the new elves (the PC's) too.
With one nation of humans (Shuna will became queen of some of the lands that Gromuhl Dunn used to have, and her descendants still rule) being friendly towards humans. And humans that have discovered magic (as you used in the DnD system) The elves can find magic items that we're created by humans. Also, more technology will be available to the elves (bought from the humans or trollls) so all kinds of armor and new weapons will be available too.

If everybody agrees on these rules for equipment, and leaving the rules for skills as they are, we can start.

What level do you guys want?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I think we should start at around 5th level. That way we would all have a chance of surviving away from our tribes. I'm assuming that would be the reason we have been drawn together is we are seperated from our original tribes.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
I'm in for sure.

No idea what race/class I'll start out as... If we're tying it in that closely to the series, should the bloodlines be the same as well? (A few hundred years could be as little as a generation, and I'll admit that the idea appeals to the fanboy in me :) )

Timothy

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
I'm in for sure.

No idea what race/class I'll start out as... If we're tying it in that closely to the series, should the bloodlines be the same as well? (A few hundred years could be as little as a generation, and I'll admit that the idea appeals to the fanboy in me :) )

Yep you're all the children off the elves that currently live in the series. You can make up your own parents as well, as long as there is room for them in the current story (All wolfriders are known, so not them, but some Sun-villagers, Go-backs etc. are not fleshed out, so you can make them up.)

And Argent, wolfriders do not have stoneshapers, but I could allow it if one of your players is a relative of Ahdri form the sun village. But you can be fully wolf-blodded for gaming purposes.

That's another quistion ,if you come from a mixed marriage, pick one base race, with some extra abilities if you really want.
I would like a bio from all of you, although it hasn't got to be long.

Who is still in?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Timothy said:

And Argent, wolfriders do not have stoneshapers, but I could allow it if one of your players is a relative of Ahdri form the sun village. But you can be fully wolf-blodded for gaming purposes.

Actualy the Sunvillager Stone shaper was my second choice. I'll do that instead. I prefer not to be linked to any of the actual elves in the series.. gives more room for movement.
name :Ozirus

Last edited:

Remove ads