• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gears of War Commercial-What's That Song?

Technomancer

First Post
On the commercial for the video game Gears of War. I know the song, it's an old Tears For Fears song called Mad World, but that ain't Tears For Fears. Who does this version, and where can I get it?

Mallus

Legend
Its on the "Donnie Darko" soundtrack. Gary Jules does the cover.

(And its a brilliant commercial. My first reaction to it was "This singlehandedly makes first-person shooters profound!". Which may have been a bit of an overreaction, now that I think of it...)

Technomancer

First Post
Awesome! I must have that soundtrack now. Thanks!

On a related note, I can't think of too many Tears For Fears songs that wouldn't be totally incredible if they got this kind of treatment.

Welverin

First Post
Mallus said:
(And its a brilliant commercial. My first reaction to it was "This singlehandedly makes first-person shooters profound!". Which may have been a bit of an overreaction, now that I think of it...)

Isn't it third person?

Man, I can't get that song out of my head after seeing the commercial. Awesome commercial ... might actually get me to buy the game, if the game lived up to it (which I sadly doubt).

Fiery James

First Post
It's a fun game for online multiplayer, and a nice change-up from Ghost Recon. Don't know if I'd play it through the story, but I haven't done that with Ghost Recon either. The beauty of this online is the chainsaw.

- JB

TwistedBishop

First Post
I highly enjoyed the single player campaign, even if it does feel like you come into a movie after it's started, and leave before it's over. The game is basically made for co-op, so try to experience that with a friend if you can.

Haven't done any multiplayer stuff yet. There were reports of rampant cheating in ranked matches that sort of killed my buzz.

Vocenoctum

First Post
I played it in CoOp and it was a lot of fun, even though I kept having to save the guy I co-op'd with. It's still fun to run through. A bit too brief though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads