• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Gen Con Announcements?

Lord Blackstone

First Post
I was wondering the same thing....

The only thing other than Dungeonscape... is that there is currently no plans to develop a new Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting at this time... there is a thread I started on that..

I saw a pre-order for

"Adventurer's Handbook" http://frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=104641#.U-6yyvnViSo
"Princes of the Apocalypse" http://frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=104642#.U-6y8PnViSo

Neither of these listing have been confirmed or denied as of yet.

Other than that... nadda...

Quick clarification on the lack of a Forgotten Realms books, there ARE plans, it's just not currently being written. Mike Mearls clarified in that other thread:
The original tweet doesn't capture the full story - we're not working on an FRCS right now because we are putting the bandwidth available for such a project into thinking about how to do an FRCS.

If you think of how we created fifth edition, we probably put more time and effort into determining what it needed to be (playtest, etc.) than into actually writing the final product.

The DMG is also still in the works - we won't even consider engaging in our next big RPG project until that is out the door, everyone has taken a vacation, and we're ready to tackle another huge project.

Otherwise, I'm really eager for Gen Con news as well! Getting back into the game after a couple years away, I am news hungry!! Especially since we have no solid info on anything past the DMG. Give us news please!! :)

sgtscott658

First Post
Checked out some of the youtube vids, none have been about D&D, mostly alot of stuff on new board/ card games. Some interesting stuff too, that Star Wars Armada looks pretty neat. I think the best news thus far is that the 5E MM looks really good thus far.

SigmaOne

First Post
If you really want the Monster Manual, like, this week, someone already has a signed copy for auction on eBay. Starting bid: $500.

I figured it was worthing checking, since there were a ton of Dragonspear Castle copies up right after GenCon. But that's a bit pricey for me.

Torg Smith

First Post
Probably won’t be much for announcements today, as GenCon is wrapping up.

Maybe they have very huge plans they think they might not make, so they are taking the opposite extreme from what they did on the 4E launch and telling us nothing.

Last edited:

Remove ads