GenCon check-in/check-out/scratchpad thread

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
OK, looking good now... unless disaster occurs in the next 15 hours or so, i'll be there tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime. :) most likely before the ennies!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The halls of the dealer room closed around 6 PM CT, gaming will be continuing far into the night...how I wish I was there... ;) People will be reading the new stuff, which I figure we will be hearing about in the wee hours of the morning. Tomorrow, will see the first of the weekend crowd, if you follow the numbers GENCON will see an increase of 5,000-7,000 gamers over the next two days, so if you thought today was packed, Saturday is a can and you are just a sardine in it! ;)

What were issues if any this year?
What looks to be the hot items?
How are the games going?

IronWolf

blank
Hand of Evil said:
What were issues if any this year?
What looks to be the hot items?
How are the games going?

I didn't run into any real issues with the Con iteself, so no complaints from me yet! I didn't spend enough time in the dealer hall to comment on what the hot items were. I know I picked up a Steel Sqwires Flip-Mat and a friend picked up Shackled City. Hardly a reliable data sampling though!

Games are going good. I only played in two today - Legacy of the Green Regent and D&D for Cash. Both were a good time. LotGR is an RPGA game and certainly another case of LotGR living up to its brutal rotation finding the party fleeing from the final encounter.

D&D for Cash pitted 5 level 7 characters against a single CR10 critter. The team that kills it the fastest (based on combat rounds) awards its surviving members $100. I don't think I should post the the critter yet to avoid any spoilers, but it killed two of our party members, my dwarven cleric scored the killing blow and it took us 6 rounds.

Tomorrow has True Dungeon on tap and the ENnies in the evening.

Psion

Adventurer
About time to turn in. Got theives' world :) got freeport trilogy :) got some GURPS Traveller stuff on the cheap.

Met more ENworlders

No gaming today, but tomorrow, there will be gaming. Oh yes, there will be gaming.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
3:07AM, time for bed. Played a ton of RoboRally tonight, played in the DCC Tourney with Cthulhu's Librarian and Ethernaut, I think we actually did pretty good despite 2 deaths in the party.....

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Thursday was a great day. I died in True Dungeon in the second-to-last room, and we have a kick-butt AE tournament round one...even if our DM had a cursed die that rolled more natural 20s than I've ever seen in the span of four hours (he was rollin' 20s so often that we started calling them unnatural 20s and he even admitted if he had a DM screen we probably would've mutinied). It was fun though. I think we had the most fun of any of the groups in that time block.

Met Rich Burlew, some of the Kenzer & Co. guys, and Monte and Sue (Cook) in the dealer hall and picked up the AE Battlebox, OotS: Origins of the PCs, Nodwick Adventure Log, GenCon 2005 Collector's Dice and synthetic opal dice from Crystal Caste.

Today will be even better...

JediSoth

Sidereal Knight

First Post
We had a pretty good turn-out last night for the Gaymer's dinner, including Steve Kenson and his husband Christopher (whose last name I won't attempt to spell!)

It was great to put faces with names, but I'm sorry that more folks couldn't join us.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hand of Evil said:
The halls of the dealer room closed around 6 PM CT, gaming will be continuing far into the night...how I wish I was there... ;)

WOULD YOU STOP THAT! ;)

It's making me wistful, too! :)

Remove ads