• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon, sleep, hard-core gaming and drowsy driving

Henry

Autoexreginated
Heck, I'll go ahead and save this, and I might talk to Russ about posting or stickying it every year for about a week or two just before Gencon.

I know the tradition of Gencon is to "go and game until you puke or crash", but being dead in an accident, or even just missing your scheduled game because you're too tired, sucks for everyone.

Henry said:
Heck, I'll go ahead and save this, and I might talk to Russ about posting or stickying it every year for about a week or two just before.
Thanks Henry.

Any possibility that you could slap a GenCon tag on the thread so it gets looked at by those people going?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
MrFilthyIke said:
Cthulhu's Librarian has strong Necro-Fu.

LOL! i didn't even recognize the date, or the fact that i had posted to this thread before. "hmm, where did this long thread come from all of a sudden?" ;)

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Wow, I forgot about this thread.

Hey, PC, if you're still answering questions a year later....

I'm not going to Gen Con, but I have great difficulty taking naps during the day. What advice would you give to me if I was a convention-goer or booth-attendant? How would you personally sneak in a 10 minute or 90 minute nap?

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Concerning these issues, I'm glad for a few things:
1) 1 hour 10 minutes away from the convention center
2) I run on 4-5 hours of sleep every day, so the con life isn't a crimp in my sleep patterns

It is pretty scary at 2 or 3 in the morning, seeing the zombioid look in some people's eyes.

Shadowdancer

First Post
Glad to see this thread resurrected. I found lots of good advice for when I attended Gen Con last year, and some advice I am still using today with my job and other activities when I don't get enough sleep.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads