General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
Well, there has been at least one NPC Elan, and she survived the encounter with the PCs. Thus, she might have run into your character anyway. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
With the whole "I'm a recovering god" thing, it appears to me that Zaeryl is highly delusional, making it substantially less important that anything be consistent with his delusions. :lol:

Of course, I base this only upon what I've seen in the inn, so your mileage may vary. :)
Well he's not a recovering god (he calls others mortals because they die of old age, unlike him--rln came closest when he said, "Zaeryl have morals? Perhaps, but they are the morals of an extraplanar, astral puppet master :)"), but his belief of himself is correct. I can't get into too much detail here for other reasons or I would have in his history.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Well he's not a recovering god (he calls others mortals because they die of old age, unlike him--rln came closest when he said, "Zaeryl have morals? Perhaps, but they are the morals of an extraplanar, astral puppet master :)"), but his belief of himself is correct.
And there's the contrast between Zaeryl and Boog...Boog's "puppet master" is just along for the ride. Doesn't even give good advice...just dispenses power. Sometimes Boog even knows why or when the power is to be dispensed...sometimes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
El Jefe said:
And there's the contrast between Zaeryl and Boog...Boog's "puppet master" is just along for the ride. Doesn't even give good advice...just dispenses power. Sometimes Boog even knows why or when the power is to be dispensed...sometimes.
Hey, we independently came up with that similar explanation for elan powers? That's pretty darn cool :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Wow, I made an adventure so distastefull that I've driven away 2 adventurers already!

Maybe I should have simply suggested we kill children or something :\

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Zaeryl had no distaste for the task, but he doesn't want to piss off the local authorities in Orussus. If it was stealing from a merchant or something, he might have done it, but not the authorities themselves--having the authorities and a thief gang both hate you is bad for business :D)

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
Wow, I made an adventure so distastefull that I've driven away 2 adventurers already!

I think it was the risk to reward ratio that drove them away, rather than moral enlightenment, but that's still quite an accomplishment! Trindle Isle Market also seems to be hitting a bump in the road, the next day or two should clarify exactly how severe...

Manzanita

First Post
Bront, you took a chance creating a morally ambiguous adventure. I'm pleased that you tried. I'm also pleased that PCs are willing to say 'no' to an adventure. There should be that occationally. It means PCs are doing some RPing.

If I get my 3rd PC up soon, perhaps I can still get in yours, Bront. I don't remember that there were any spoilers in your proposal. In fact, I don't recall that you'd even really figured out the plot yet.

Dungannon

First Post
Rest assured Bront, if Devlin Magruder wasn't out bluffing loggers out of their camp to appease sentient wolves, he'd be right there in your adventure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads