• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
Wow, I made an adventure so distastefull that I've driven away 2 adventurers already!

Maybe I should have simply suggested we kill children or something :\
My as-yet-ungenerated ECL character would have been perfect for the adventure...

...unless the treasure train is passing through Covington. :\

El Jefe

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I choose a location far from all other PCs so that I could try and write in the Elan that are closer to the XPH, though I may have gotten carried away.
I didn't have my copy of the XPH when I wrote up Boog, so it took a lot of guess work. Now that I have an XPH, I'll be able to play with the differences between him and more standard XPH Elan to flesh him out a little.

And yes, I went out and bought an XPH just because Living EnWorld decided to include psionics, which was largely motivated by the SRD's inclusion of the core psionic rules. I seriously doubt I would have done so otherwise. So distributing open-source materials on the web can lead to sales of copyright materials (which shouldn't surprise anyone here).

El Jefe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Basically, Boog and Zaeryl both are Elan due to a dual nature from a strange entity rather than the usual ritual, but I t can certainly work :)
Well, in Boog's case, the ritual created an Elan by fusing a human and a strange entity, leaving some of Boog's human memories intact and erasing others.

It'd be interesting to see them play off each other. From Boog's point of view, he's an Elan with a largely dormant puppetmaster, and would think of Zaeryl as an Elan where the puppetmaster is doing the driving.

El Jefe

First Post
doghead said:
Or does the length of the arrow represent 50 miles?
Yeah, that's it, it's just a scale marker.

doghead said:
Or in other way, what is the distance between Orussus and Rivenblight?
Looking at the map, I'd say about 250 miles as the griffon flies, or 300 miles by following the road.

Rystil Arden

First Post
El Jefe said:
Well, in Boog's case, the ritual created an Elan by fusing a human and a strange entity, leaving some of Boog's human memories intact and erasing others.

It'd be interesting to see them play off each other. From Boog's point of view, he's an Elan with a largely dormant puppetmaster, and would think of Zaeryl as an Elan where the puppetmaster is doing the driving.
Yep, sounds about right. Zaeryl's puppetmaster did it by itself, though--it is a powerful entity, but it can't manifest it's power so long as Zaeryl's body remains too weak to handle more powerful energies (hence the manifester level cap on Power Point expenditure). Zaeryl's puppetmaster is about 99% dominant, but that's because it is smart enough to not do anything that would cause the host to protest overly much (the host is Chaotic Good).

doghead

thotd
Velmont said:
Well, in the last year ... <snip> ... a hard christmas time.

Wow. You've been busy. Its 26 C and sunny over here. Sorry. Might rain later though, if thats any comfort. And yeah, find some time to take it easy. The last thing you want is a system crash over christmas.

doghead

thotd
El Jefe said:
Yeah, that's it, it's just a scale marker.

Looking at the map, I'd say about 250 miles as the griffon flies, or 300 miles by following the road.

Thanks El Jefe. Thats the answer I was hoping for. Made everything a little cramped otherwise.

thotd

Erekose13

Explorer
El Jefe said:
And yes, I went out and bought an XPH just because Living EnWorld decided to include psionics, which was largely motivated by the SRD's inclusion of the core psionic rules. I seriously doubt I would have done so otherwise. So distributing open-source materials on the web can lead to sales of copyright materials (which shouldn't surprise anyone here).

I am quite a big fan of psionics and bought both the 3.0 and 3.5 versions as soon as I could. If you are using them in your f2f games, Hyperconscious by Malhavoc Press is a great addition and Complete Psionics is coming out next year :)

So Boog and Zaeryl are actually pretty similar in nature, though the details are different. It'd be interesting if their puppetmasters sat down and had a talk. Would they be the same type of entity or completely different?

Eternity though is still herself, just with an entirely new set of memories/abilities following her enlightenment. I hope to work on a prestige class that details more information about the Inner Path that I have in her background and perhaps a proposal regarding the Empire of Undaria as well.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hmm... It might be that I've got my other evil character returning to the Inn if the Rathunt is ending like it seems to be. She might just be interested in robbing from the rich and giving to her poor self.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Eternity though is still herself, just with an entirely new set of memories/abilities following her enlightenment.

Yup, I knew that from the description--I read her background once I saw another Elan around. That's what makes it a little odd for me, which leads Zaeryl to consider himself as being completely different from Eternity (though they have mechanically the same racial abilities). Boog, however, he would agree is the same.

I hope to work on a prestige class that details more information about the Inner Path that I have in her background and perhaps a proposal regarding the Empire of Undaria as well.

Based on your description of eschewing the body, you could probably use Psion Uncarnate, which is in the SRD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads