• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I recommend an Index (say, the first post) with links to pertinent posts for the Rules and Mechanics thread.

I really like the organization of everything, though.

Someone

Adventurer
After considering it carefully, I´ve decided to run a short adventure here; it´s one of the free adventures from the Wizards site. I´ve been looking, but sorry, I still don´t know who I have to mail for approval.

Someone

Adventurer
Ok, a couple questions:

-I´m not sure if I need approval from just one judge, or wait for more. I´m assuming it´s enough with the e-mail I´ve received, but anyway, it´s better to ask a silly question than to be in doubt.

-I´m using a merchant in Orussus as the plot hook, one rich enough to own ships and don´t go bankrupt if one of them is lost. I´m almost sure one of these appeared in another adventure, and would be nice to use him again. Could anyone tell me the name or point me to the thread he appeared?

El Jefe

First Post
Well, there was "Masthead" McGlynn, but he's quite dead now. You might want to look over Uriel's adventure, A Tidy Profit, for inspiration and ideas.

Knight Otu

First Post
Someone said:
-I´m not sure if I need approval from just one judge, or wait for more. I´m assuming it´s enough with the e-mail I´ve received, but anyway, it´s better to ask a silly question than to be in doubt.
Two or three oks should be enough normally.

Pbartender

First Post
El Jefe said:
Well, there was "Masthead" McGlynn, but he's quite dead now. You might want to look over Uriel's adventure, A Tidy Profit, for inspiration and ideas.

That wasn't Uriel's adventure... :uhoh: :eek: ;)

A better prospect might be Rupert Vaneelkelen... An loud, boisterous, flaboyantly over-dressed, and independently weathly Orussian with nothing better to do with his excessively vast amounts of money than fund adventuring expeditions.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if he has a couple of ships floating around the harbor, and dabbles in the occasional mercantile enterprise.

El Jefe

First Post
Pbartender said:
That wasn't Uriel's adventure...
My apologies. All I knew was that a sea captain staggered into the RDI and promptly expired, then 3 thugs entered and framed some PCs for the murder. There was an investigation, a sword was confiscated, then once the PC (who had already run off to the docks as part of the adventure thread) was exonerated, an NPC returned the sword back to the RDI. That was part of ANOTHER adventure hook that was basically an easy payoff for delivering the sword to the PC at the docks who was the sword's owner. And all that without actually reading a word of A Tidy Profit.

Although, I have to confess, when I re-read all the relevant RDI threads, the DM setting the hook was this "Jack Haggerty" guy :eek: , not Uriel.

Ah, OK, I'll go read the Tidy Profit thread now, Jack...er, Pbartender. ;)

Besides, Rupert is too busy now and can't be bothered. He's in the middle of a dinner party, showing off his latest acquisition to his guests. It's a stuffed baby black dragon...badly mangled, but restored so expertly that you'd need a magnifying glass to tell where the repairs were made.

Someone

Adventurer
Just one day DMing and I noticed one thing. Do little details, like small locations, laws, NPCs, festivities, etc, end somewhere? I realize it´s a lot of work to manage all that info, but would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads