General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
I might, and I could, if I had time to run another adventure. I've got a few things coming up so time is a bit scarce at the moment, but we'll see.

Gort is a dark, shadowy character. No one's seen him yet :p

LogicsFate

First Post
Alright, I was thinking about making a third character, and despite my psycotic adversion to small creatures(seriously, I'm almost strictly elf height or taller), I thought it would be cool to be the first of the Katara and wanted to see how their creator interacts with them first, guess I'll have to strike up a conversation in FoH

Xael

First Post
Okay, a question: If I have a character that wants to be proficient with a Katana, should I take Exotic Weapon Prociency (Bastard Sword) and just call it a Katana as the DMG suggests, or should I take Exotic Weapon Profiency (Katana) specifically, i.e. a katana is a weapon with the same stats as a bastard sword, but with different proficiency?

I have a thing for curved swords you see. And Scimitars and Falchions just don't cut it, and normal D&D bastard swords aren't pretty IMHO... :p

Xael

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I'd be in favor of taking the bastard sword, and calling it a katana, personally.
Well, that would be the easiest and simplest solution certainly. Just wanted to ask. :)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Well, a Katana is a MW Bastard Sword (according to the DMG). I'd say that EWP (Bastard Sword) gives you the proficiency to wield bastard sword-like weapons. A Katana is simply a weapon that is wielded like a Bastard Sword.

That's a long winded way to say "ditto to what Knight Otu said"

Bront

The man with the probe
LogicsFate said:
I'll, of course, have to put a lot of thought into my class
They make good Bards, obviously, but also good Sorcerers, Wizards, Rogues, Rangers, and perhaps even Paladins (A lightly armored Paladin, but a Paladin none the less). Not that any other class is bad, but those are clases that they have strengths that they play well too. Being fairly inquisitive, a class that allows them to explore or experiment with things is a good fit (Like most of those mentioned), and given their facination with other cultures, there's no reason they couldn't worship just about any god as a cleric or in general.

If I had an open slot (IE, if one of my characters dies, other than possibly Vanitri, which I'm quite attached too), I'll make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads