• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

Aura

Explorer
Thanks for the compliments! I hope to do the best job I can. :)

LPF has a really strong community feel, and people did a great job of bringing me in from the start. PM, Systole and jkason interacted with my first character when I was waiting in the DWI; Scott DeWar and Mowgli provided my first two adventures; and SK and GE helped me get my first adventure, ROUS 2, off the ground. Add in a strong cast of other players in the games I've been in/run, and it has been a great start that really instilled that LPF community feel.

Back to the gaming!

sunshadow21

Explorer
Greetings, I am able to return from the land of the overwhelmed at least a little bit. While my brain is still not yet capable of DMing mode, I can get into one pbp game without trouble, so if you need one of them to flesh out a party, let me know, and I can get them ready to go in no time.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Say an oracle (possibly mine, eventually) takes arcane Eldritch Heritage. Say he chooses an amulet for his arcane bond. Can he use his holy symbol as said amulet? I mean, I personally don't see why it wouldn't, but since I can't seem to find anything specifically for or against it, I thought I should ask.

jkason

First Post
Say an oracle (possibly mine, eventually) takes arcane Eldritch Heritage. Say he chooses an amulet for his arcane bond. Can he use his holy symbol as said amulet? I mean, I personally don't see why it wouldn't, but since I can't seem to find anything specifically for or against it, I thought I should ask.

The text for holy symbol contains this: "Each religion has its own holy symbol. The material used to make the holy symbol has no effect on its powers, though a religion may place special significance on a particular material," (emphasis mine) which suggests that the only requirement for something to count as a holy symbol is its shape.

So far as I can tell, there are no specific requirements as to what shape an amulet has to be, and in fact, when I was flipping through a few item descriptions, I discovered that the Amulet of Bullet Protection actually has fluff that says it's "usually crafted from the splintered remains of spent firearm bullets shaped into a rough holy symbol or clover." (emphasis mine) Since each symbol is different, that tells me amulets aren't restricted in their shape, just like symbols aren't restricted in their material.

Unless someone has a different objection, I'd say those two should shake out to meaning it should be fine to say an amulet is also a holy symbol. I don't think holy symbols take up body slots, either, so I can't think of a reason a player couldn't put them together for flavor.

Remove ads