• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli would miss her pal Sid. But I understand when a character doesn't come together the way you would like and you need to change it to something different.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was wondering if this would occur. There are a lot of varieties of fighters there. I am enjoying My single hand fighter build.

Scott DeWar

For what it is worth, and I know not all of this number are active, but we have 149 different names of people in LPF.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
I found the solution to why I don't like Siddhartha. It is extremely frustrating to me to roleplay dumb characters (low INT scores). I can deal with the other attributes in the dumps, but not that one. Siddhartha is the first one I've played with low intelligence.

Scott DeWar

Ah. So, would you like to use the "one rebuild per character" rule? or just send him packing and build a new one?

FrancisJohn

Explorer
probably going to rebuild after no loitering. i had a cool build and cool background, but he just isnt fun.

is it one rebuild per character or per player?

Aura

Explorer
There are two issues, here. The first is character rebuild, and the second is character replacement. As already mentioned, a character gets one 'free rebuild' during their career. This doesn't change who the character is, it is merely a shuffling around of the character's abilities to be more to your liking.

Then there is character replacement, which can be voluntary or, for practical matters, compulsory (such as a death with a resurrection cost higher than the character can afford). Then you're introducing an entirely new character to play in lieu of the first. The rules for that are different, and it's easier just to cite the link than explain them: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Retired_&_Deceased_Characters

Short form:
(1) "I think Sid would work if..." -- character rebuild (once/character)
(2) "I hate Sid and he won't be enjoyable regardless of what I do..." -- character replacement (see rules)

Remove ads